Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 not tracking accurately sleep score due to illness

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Due to illness I am getting approx 3 or 4 hours sleep, although my target is 8 hours (which is what it normally is when I am well).  My sleep score never seems to make any sense.  Two examples:

1)  On 2h 59 minutes sleep with 0 minutes deep and 17% REM (ie about 30 minutes REM) I got a deep/rem score of 18/25

2)  On 3h 5m sleep I got 0%  below resting and a restoration score of 12/25.

These don't see to make any sense to me.      The online chat could not help except to say that I should change settings from sensitive to normal.  However I do know the amount of actual sleep recorded is correct.  It is the scores that seem to be a problem.  Anybody understand it ? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @ElizgC , to understand your scores it might be helpful to think of it as an exam.  The whole exam is worth 100 points, but there are several sections that make up your total mark.  

The time asleep is worth 50 points (half the total).  Quality and relaxation are each worth 25 points (a quarter of the total each).

The deep/REM part scores the *quality* of your sleep.  Even though you didn’t get much sleep, the quality of the sleep you got was pretty good - no deep, but a good amount of REM, so 18 marks out of 25 (that’s 72% - not an A grade for sure, but perhaps a C or C-)

The Restoration score is based on how thoroughly your body relaxed during sleep, and that is calculated from how low your HR got and how much tossing and turning was recorded.  Your score there was less than half the marks you could have got - 12/25 (48%).  But you did get *some* marks because even though your HR didn’t drop below resting at all, it probably stayed consistently fairly low and perhaps you were reasonably still.

So in terms of Quality and Restoration together you got a total of 30 out of a possible 50 (that’s 60% - only barely a passing mark - I think I would call that a D or D-).  

You didn’t comment on your Time score, but I’m guessing you probably didn’t get a lot of marks out of 50 for time asleep, I would bet that your overall sleep score came out as “Poor” = less than 60.  I would say that fairly reflected what you have been experiencing.

I hope that makes it make more sense.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @ElizgC , to understand your scores it might be helpful to think of it as an exam.  The whole exam is worth 100 points, but there are several sections that make up your total mark.  

The time asleep is worth 50 points (half the total).  Quality and relaxation are each worth 25 points (a quarter of the total each).

The deep/REM part scores the *quality* of your sleep.  Even though you didn’t get much sleep, the quality of the sleep you got was pretty good - no deep, but a good amount of REM, so 18 marks out of 25 (that’s 72% - not an A grade for sure, but perhaps a C or C-)

The Restoration score is based on how thoroughly your body relaxed during sleep, and that is calculated from how low your HR got and how much tossing and turning was recorded.  Your score there was less than half the marks you could have got - 12/25 (48%).  But you did get *some* marks because even though your HR didn’t drop below resting at all, it probably stayed consistently fairly low and perhaps you were reasonably still.

So in terms of Quality and Restoration together you got a total of 30 out of a possible 50 (that’s 60% - only barely a passing mark - I think I would call that a D or D-).  

You didn’t comment on your Time score, but I’m guessing you probably didn’t get a lot of marks out of 50 for time asleep, I would bet that your overall sleep score came out as “Poor” = less than 60.  I would say that fairly reflected what you have been experiencing.

I hope that makes it make more sense.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks Julia_G for taking the time to reply and for your very helpful explanation.  Still a bit confused as with a target of 8 and a quarter hours sleep, my actual time asleep of 2h 59m got 27/50; and of 3h 05m got 28/50 giving final "fair" scores of 61 and 65.  So still a bit confused but will see how it goes from here on.  Thanks again for your thorough explanation.  

Best Answer
0 Votes