Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 review from a noob

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I’m new to the health watch scene but I figure I’d throw in my opinion anyways! I was really excited to order this watch at first, but after reading through this (surprisingly very critical) subreddit, I kept a skeptical eye on it.

Pros:

Well I learned I have an unusually high heart rate for my size / fitness so that’s useful (but also really concerning?)

I actually find the watch with the standard band comfortable enough to sleep in which is a lot coming from me! I usually can’t stand wearing accessories

The silent alarms are actually really cool!

Cons:

It definitely over counts steps. I’ll mostly only have my watch on now when I’m going out or asleep, which feels like kind of a waste considering its long battery life

The relaxation app is actually one of the reasons that pushed me to buy this. However the “exhale” vibration is way too intense and not relaxing at all. There seems to be no way to change either the vibration nor the time interval for how long you spend exhaling/inhaling

I feel like it over counts my calories/how active I am just cause my HR is high? I could be wrong on this though!

The app tells me my resting heart rate is 81 but whenever I look at my watch it’s most always between 90-105 so idk what’s up with that

fitbit premium honestly isn’t that great? it certainly doesn’t have the prettiest interface tbh

The 6 exercise shortcuts limit. Why

Conclusion: I’m really on the fence about wether to keep this watch or not tbh! I’m kind of attached to it but also the only redeeming qualities I really see in it is the data it gives me on my sleep, HR, steps, and active minutes— and I feel like I could get this info with an older/cheaper watch. As a data fanatic it stresses me out to not know if the information its feeding me is correct, but I’m enjoying it regardless!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Funny thing about the "Premium" not being so great.  I have read over and over again that people prefer the non-Premium interface, but now Fitbit has made the ads for Premium so very intrusive that the enjoyment and functionality of the non-Premium experience is impaired.  It was no big deal to me to read an ad then x out of it after that (if I needed to), but that cannot be done any longer.  The choices are either pay extra for a bunch of things that you do not want (which I cannot afford) or have the screen look like this.  I would recommend that you do not stay in the Fitbit ecosystem.  This company has zero respect for its customers.

Also?  You should know in advance.  If you ever should need it, the customer service is close to non-existent.  You will wait a long time, and they will not help you.  They will give you links to pages completely unrelated to your issue and then disconnect you (seemingly on purpose).  At that point you will be sent back to the end of the queue to wait again to speak to the next person who also will not help you.  I sort of think that maybe they are trying but they just aren't any good?

I did like the sleep data back prior to their decision to push this PERMANENT ad onto the middle of it.  If you can tolerate the Premium and are able to afford essentially buying a new device every year (in order to keep the Premium), I think the sleep data are pretty good.  These factors are what I would take into account in deciding.  Cons: 1) Extremely poor customer service and a lack of respect for the customers.  2) The issues with the "Premium" racketeering scheme.  3) Questionable quality of the data (other than the sleep data which seems good).  4) Longevity of the devices seems poor.

Pros:  The sleep data and the silent alarms.  [I agree that the silent alarms are cool.]

Overall I wish I had not gotten this Inspire 2 (or any fitbit). 

Screenshot_20220705-202757_Fitbit - Copy.jpg 

Note: Despite profile name, I am not a runner. I am disabled. This name was assigned by a moderator.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am confused with all these posts about ads for Premium blocking things in the Fitbit app.  I was using an Alta HR and able to use the app without Premium just fine.  For sleep score, I was able to see the chart, then click on it and see how much Deep, Light, and REM sleep I got.  I could also see heartrate details on exercises listed.  If I upgrade to a new tracker, will I not be able to see these stats anymore after the included Premium trial goes away?  That might sway me to looking at Garmin or another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes