Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 screen is too dim when outside

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

is there something you can do to see the watch face outside? It’s sad that I can only see it indoors.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Has your Inspire 2 been on sleep mode? I don't know what other thing could be affecting the brightness.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hi there, @Siern. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. I understand how you must be feeling. 

If you're talking about display brightness, Inspire 2 has the option to turn off dim brightness on the Settings app. You can find this and other details about Inspire 2 features here: Inspire 2 Manual. You can use this model outdoors.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have turned the dimness off and it still does not work.  You just can’t see the face outside. 

Best Answer

i agree - seems pointless trying to look at screen on a sunny day - you can't see a thing 😞

Best Answer

My Inspire 2 screen is so dim outside that there is no way I can read it,  even though the dim setting is off.

Is there truly no fix for this problem?  Can't this problem be addressed in an update?

What good is a fitness cracker if you cannot see the screen outside?

Best Answer

It would be more helpful if you told us how to do it. I thought community was for things we don't understand in instruction manual. Anyone can tell is yo look it up

Best Answer

I don’t see the dimmer in settings.

Best Answer

Has your Inspire 2 been on sleep mode? I don't know what other thing could be affecting the brightness.

Best Answer

My watch was not in sleep mode. And since I posted, my watch has completely died. In less than a year!

Best Answer

@Siern Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. You may be able to get a replacement.

Thanks for the "best answer". I truly appreciate it.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. The Dim Screen and Sleep Mode are both off in my Inspire2 but I cannot read the Fitbit outdoors, not even in cloudy days  This points out to a serious design failure. 

Best Answer

Does the Inspire have the step counter  ???

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, it does, and it works

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 2nd fitbit. Other was a versa. Cannot read outside at all.  There is no option in settings app for dim screen. So frustrating. One of the most important things should be the easiest to adjust.  Will nit purchase another fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To go to settings on your Inspire 2, you first scroll up from the time and
settings will appear after you scroll to the top. Dim screen is the first
option. How long ago did you get your FitBit?

It may be permanently dead soon.
Best Answer
I’ve had it for almost a year. And it IS permanently dead. What a waste of money.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
This is my 2nd Fitbit also. I did purchase another one, but it was a Fitbit versa 2 like my original one. But it will be my last.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Siern

Sorry, I was trying to reply to someone else. I guess some Inspire 2's have
problems because my brother has a bluetooth syncing problem so it is
difficult to sync for him.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, found it.  Appreciate it so muchDim is and was off and still impossible to see anything when outside. 
I got this one from the Scan Medical I have.  It was free and my Versa was dying.Had the same problem with the VersaOtherwise I would not have gotten another fitbit.  Not impressed.
Best Answer

Choosing one's favourite clockface helps but why do so many of the options dim or overlap the minutes?  I know what the hour is so I need to see the minutes bright and clear.

Best Answer