Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 screen to dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought two inspire 2s. My wife’s one has a nice bright screen. Mine is very dim and difficult to see when outdoors. In fact it’s useless to me. I have to rely on the app for information. Is there a way to make the screen brighter?

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

I have the same problem but when I plug it in it doesn't help.

Best Answer

I do know what I'm talking, I'm wearing my replacement Inspire 2 right now.

Best Answer

Domenici:  This Fitbit site must be as messed up as their tech group is.  I was replying to a user that said our dimming problem was not real, not to your post on getting a replacement Fitbit.  Glad you had a good result.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Quick Settings only has Water Lock, DND, Sleep, Screen Wake, and On Wrist. There is no Dim Screen.

Best Answer

They definitely do have a problem but they are just not admitting to it.

I finally took my Inspire 2 back to John Lewis where I bought it about about 18 months ago as they offer a 2 year warranty.. 
I explained the issue to the young lady who smiled as I told her the problems with the screen being virtually invisible. She told me that this issue of the Inspire 2 had definite problems which they have been dealing with. She understood that apparently the problems have been resolved with the later version of the product.  

They are refunding my money for the original purchase & I have paid exactly the same price for the new version again with a 2 year warranty. If this version has any problems I will just ask for a refund & buy something different. Second chance is the last chance!

So if a large company like John Lewis knows and recognises there are problems surely Fitbit should own up to them. I am certain John Lewis will be getting the money refunded to them from Fitbit!. 

Best Answer

I’m with you. Was offered a discount for a new one but now I’m thinking I’ll go with a new company. Seems like its just out lasting its warranty

Best Answer
I followed the steps recommended on the forum and it’s better now. I don’t
remember now what I did.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the comment. It didn’t work for mine.

Solved the problem by changing brands of trackers. I’ve had 2 of these and both died not long after the warranty ran out.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Likewise.  My wife's Inspire 2 is having the same problem. The Dim and Sleep Modes are OFF.  My Inspire 2 is working fine (same age).

Has anyone firgured out a solution to this problem?

Best Answer

Hate to say this but Fitbit has discontinued the Inspire 2 and could care less about the problem. They offered me a coupon for a replacement. Only problem was they were out of the Inspire 2 and the coupon could not be used on the upgraded Inspire.  It was only valid on a much costlier replacement. Funny how other suppliers of the Inspire (Amazon , etc) had the Inspire 2 but could not use the coupon.

Nothing new here. Fitbit products may be good but customer service doesn't really exist.

Best Answer
Hate to say this but Fitbit has discontinued the Inspire 2 and could care less about the problem. They offered me a coupon for a replacement. Only problem was they were out of the Inspire 2 and the coupon could not be used on the replacement. It was only valid on a much costlier replacement. Funny how other suppliers of the Inspire (Amazon , etc) had the Inspire 2 but could not use the coupon.

Nothing new here. Fitbit products may be good but customer service doesn't really exist.
Best Answer

I can't even see mine indoors! So why don't you let us get the help we are looking for 

Best Answer

YouTube video instructions worked for me. Still not real bright, but now I can actually see the time. I searched “inspire 2 dim screen“ and first video worked. Also sharing the link if you prefer to click directly . https://youtu.be/Qzc2SWdJCpE 

Best Answer
0 Votes