Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 stopped tracking my heart rate data

I'm very disappointed that my Fitbit inspire has only lasted 15 months of careful use. There are suddenly no green lights and it's only showing time and date. How long have other people's devices lasted? Thinking of going for something with 2 year warranty next time...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Hallrwooder. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Inspire 2 has stopped tracking your heart rate data. I understand where your concern is coming from. I will do my best to help you with this! 

If you haven't done so yet, please try the following steps in the order listed:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your Inspire 2, from the main screen of your Fitbit device, open the Settings app > Heart Rate > tap to turn the setting OFF.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Inspire 2. To do so, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon, tap on your Fitbit device's image and tap on "Sync Now" 
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your Charge 5 once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your Inspire 2.
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible). We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

Test your Inspire 2 the next couple of days to see if you start receiving your data once again. For more information, see What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi @Hallrwooder Fitbit and Google devices can last longer for some people than others. It's no different than the Canon printer I like to share about on the forums. First Canon printer lasted eight days after the one year mark. I went out and purchased the identical printer and it lasted over eight and a half years before I had to replace it. As the saying goes "your mileage may vary" and it's true. I've had most of my devices make it to the two year mark or more, but then I've replaced it with a newer style. An extended warranty can help, but most of them have a fee ($35 I think one of them was) should you need to have the device replaced. The cost of the warranty and the fee can often exceed the cost of purchasing a new one.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes