Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 stopped tracking my sleep data and it won't vibrate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About two weeks ago my Fitbit Inspire 2 abruptly stopped recording my sleep, and I no longer feel a buzzing noise when I receive a text. I haven’t changed an settings, and I’ve tried rebooting my Fitbit several times. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @ambeal0. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire 2 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Please check the following scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages: 

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

As for your Inspire 2 not vibrating, it seems like your Inspire 2 might be in sleep mode or DND. For more information, see Why didn't my Fitbit device alert me?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issues.

I have had my inspire2 since Oct 2021 and have really liked the sleep detail it gives.

I have lost weight since buying it (50 lbs) and I have been having to move the wristband tighter and tighter. However it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I don't get the detail anymore or I might get it once a week.

I have tried all of the suggestions such as moving the band higher up and when I do that it might work for one night but that is about it. I have rebooted the device. I even detonated the app and put it back on my phone. Still to no avail, might work for one night and then it only logs how many hours I have slept, shows a couple of awake periods but nothing on the rem, deep, etc.

Very disappointed as I cannot afford to buy a new one after less than a year of use. 

Best Answer

Me too!  Ever since Fitbit changed their graphs. Not sure how to fix this. The information is important to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Inspire 2 has the same issue.  After one week of providing the full sleep data, it now only provides the simplified data.   I followed your instructions in this post (syncing before and after turning the heart rate feature off, turn it back on and restart) and wear the band tighter than last week.  Can I exchange the Inspire 2 and try with a new device?

Best Answer

Actually I didn't think about the graphs.

I know it has been longer than that for me but as bad as now? Hhhmmmm

Best Answer
0 Votes