Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 stuck on Water Lock screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot swipe the home screen.  When I press the side buttons I get "water lock". Then I tap 2 times to unlock. And the screen goes blank...And I am back to square one. I unlocked all day yesterday and made no progress.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Gezunt. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire 2 before reaching out. 

It seems that your Inspire 2 is still stuck on water lock. With that being said, please firmly double-tap the middle of the screen with your finger. If you don't see "Unlocked" appear on screen, try tapping harder. Turning off this feature uses the accelerometer in your device, which takes more force to activate.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @Gezunt. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire 2 before reaching out. 

It seems that your Inspire 2 is still stuck on water lock. With that being said, please firmly double-tap the middle of the screen with your finger. If you don't see "Unlocked" appear on screen, try tapping harder. Turning off this feature uses the accelerometer in your device, which takes more force to activate.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Looking for the same question and it worked! Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your suggestion but tapping hasn't helped.  It keeps going back to water lock after I unlock with 2 firm taps, and my screen is stuck,
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. Device vibrates often showing the water lock. Draining the battery in a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this multiple times. No luck. Started 3 days ago. I looked at various chat rooms online. Seems like lots of people are having the same problem. 

Best Answer

Yes.  I put down my Fitbit and tried another product because I was having this problem.  It wasn't any better.  Two things.  One, water lock popped up when I was setting an exercise mode (not Swimming), and two, the Water Lock option no longer shows up on my stats list (steps, unknown stat, bpm, etc.). It used to be the last item on the list.  I'm glad it's gone and I hope it stays gone from that list.  My questions are:

Why did it pop up in my exercise options? And

Will it go away completely if I remove Swimming from my exercise list?

Best Answer
0 Votes