Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 “water lock”.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thousands of people have complained about the “water lock” setting and how useless it is! Nobody wants it, nobody uses it and it is very frustrating yet Fitbit refuses to address the issue!  Fitbit apparently did not research it or test this fully before launching the water lock setting. I and many many other people that have the Inspire 2 would like it replaced with a more balanced and   useable product. I like Fitbit products (except the Versa light of which after many complaints they discontinued) but I am going to try a new smart watch from a different company! I have tried to contact Fitbit directly many times but was unable to. I keep being directed to the “community page” which is of no help. The page is inundated with the same complaints but nothing gets done!

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

I did. I had only had my Inspire 2 for 2 months. So still within the one year warranty  but sadly outside of the 45 day timeframe to return for a full refund. Fitbit offered to give me a new Inspire 2 as a replacement for no cost…OR…I could buy another device for 50% off. So I felt u had no choice but to buy a Charge 5 for half off if I wanted to continue with Fitbit. Very disappointed. Felt a bit ripped off honesty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loosen the wrist band and it won't waterlock anymore. That worked for me.

Best Answer

My inspire is practically useless because I can't get it out of waterlock... I've tried everything and then some.. I still cannot get it to do anything.  About ready to run it over in the driveway.  Waste of $$

Best Answer

I have never seen the “ water lock” thing y’all are talking about and I’ve been wearing my Inspire 2 for over a year now. I love mine. 

Best Answer

Good Afternoon Apernell: Do you like your New Fitbit Charge 5?  You will be missed on the Inspire 2 community pg? So, you get to learn about your New Fitbit the Charge 5. You can ask questions on Charge 5's community page. I'll miss trying to help you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Afternoon Crazygal:   Are you able to scroll up or down to the next setting? You lock the water lock. Then squeeze the sides for the next mode. You can scroll up or down. If you turn your wrist towards you and turn on the time automatically. It's a working sign. Squeeze the side and scroll down and see the time, the steps, the scale, etc. it's working. You can go on to youtube.com and search 4 this guy named JUMBLE he can walk you thru the steps on how each mode works. For your Inspire 2. It's not a waste of money if you are willing to learn about your Fitbit Inspire 2. Once you get that working you will be all set or switch for another type of  Fitbit. It is up to you.  Good Luck with your decision. Crazygal

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not Zoecal, but I understand the frustration.
The water lock randomly turns on. It is not your water it just turns on. Some forms say to make sure that your Fitbit is not loose. That does not matter. It just will not turn on. You double tap it it does not turn on. You swipe it it does not turn on. You sit there and double tap it for five minutes and then the display turns on for a second and says the double tap it but you’ve been double tapping at the whole time.
My previous Fitbit was good. This is replacement and it sucks. I’m not sure what the differences between the two items were because it is the same product. Garmin probably needs to do a six sigma project and figure out where the variation in the product is located.  

Regards, 

And unhappy camper 60504

Best Answer

Good Evening RS60505:  Sounds like you turned off your button? That said, The water lock is to protect your Inspire2 from getting wet on the inside. Water Mode (which locks the screen when you're in the water for swimming or taking a shower etc.  For myself, I own an Inspire2 Fitbit and when I got to wash my hands it turns on, like a warning? So, I lock my Fitbit. And go to wash the dishes and know it is waterproof. I will unlock it, and ignore it until my bedtime. I'm learning on youtube from a guy called JUMBLE. He is walking me through each mode of my Inspire 2 FitBit. He even recommends this model over any other Fitbit tracker. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3nmWmEB1jY&t=1s  &  this one teaches you about the water lock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiW6dlUF1os  I hope this helps you, RS60505

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, All, just to correct some misunderstandings here, the “water lock” feature on the Inspire 2 does NOT make it more water proof when on, or less waterproof when off.

The “water lock” feature is designed to turn off buttons and taps on your Fitbit - so that water splashing on it while swimming does not activate (or deactivate) settings. 

Whether water lock feature is on or off your Fitbit Inspire 2 is water resistant up to 50 meters.  

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes