Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't track my heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new fitbit won't pick up my heart rate. Im not exercising, have tried tightening the strap and it still won't pick it up.

Any suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Dean456,

Does your Fitbit have a heart rate monitor?  Not all Fitbit models have this feature, for example, the Inspire 1 has the option of being worn as a clip or bracelet, and as a result, has no heart rate monitor.  Later models, such as the Inspire 2, have this option.

Please confirm which model you have so we can help you.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. I have the inspire 2. When I scroll down on the touch screen, the hr icon isn't lit up. Do I need to activate it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Dean456. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post. 

For Inspire 2, yes, you need to make sure the heart rate setting is On. To do so, on your device, open the Settings app > Heart Rate >tap to turn the setting On.

For more information, see these two help articles How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire 2 also does not show my heart rate.  I don't have a Heart Rate menu item in fitbit settings; I only have Heart Zone Notifications. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Inspire 2 not taking my heart rate and it showing 2 dashes where it would be and being grayed out. I just got my inspire 2 and activated and updated it yesterday. Did you find a solution to this? So far I read and tried everything it suggests on the website help menu or FAQ's but can't figure it out. I also don't see the option to turn the HR monitoring setting on either on the app or on the fit bit device under settings. It only has the following options under settings: dim screen, phone GPS, do not disturb, sleep mode, notifications, heart zone, double tap, button lock, clear user, reboot device, device info. Activation date is 12/26/21 and the current OS is Fit OS 53.20001.124.28, model is FB418. 

Best Answer

@Jazzc78 @BruceThor 

have you checked whether it's set for wrist or clip. If it is set to wear on a clip, the heart rate monitoring will be turned off and the green lights won't be on.  

To check this, press and hold both buttons on the sides of the device. You'll get a list of settings. Swipe up until you get to the last one. It should say "On Wrist". If it says "On Clip", tap on that and change it to "On Wrist".

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer

I found the fix- my mode on my device was set to clip mode and I had to change it to wrist mode. Squeeze both side buttons at the same time and go down to last option where it says clip mode and select it then scroll down to the check mark to enable on wrist and press the check mark button and exit. It worked after I did that. Hope this helps others. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your response. You were right and now I've set it to wrist rather than clip. Thank you so much 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I never thought about scrolling down!

Best Answer
0 Votes