Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't track my sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It keeps turning off on its own. Today is Friday & it hasn’t recorded my sleep since Monday! It did this last week, too. This is beyond annoying.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Please only reply if you have (or had) my version of Fitbit. Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @jbdean. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Inspire 2. I understand how you must be feeling. 

I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @jbdean. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Inspire 2. I understand how you must be feeling. 

I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Hope this helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you, Marie! I think it was my battery. I charged it & haven’t had any issues so far. 👍🏼❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jbdean Awesome! I'm glad to hear the issue is solved now. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, it’s not resolved. This is what happens. It works for a little while and then it suddenly stops tracking my sleeping. It hasn’t tracked my sleeping for three days. My battery has been charged enough, it’s on my arm, tight enough, and it is set to be on the wrist and not one of those others that are like a fob. So I don’t know what the problem is. But I paid $100 for this Fitbit watch and it doesn’t work 50% of the time. I’m ready to just take it off and throw it in the trash! 😡

Best Answer

So where is the answer to this post?

Best Answer
0 Votes