Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It won't do anything it's got a 97% charge it won't come on it's off there's no time there's no nothing my health insurance company United Health bought this for me as a Christmas gift it work less than 24 hours I need a new one how do I get it this is ridiculous you get a gift and it works less than 24 hours when you haven't done nothing to it at all but set it

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Inspire 2 display is unresponsive, try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Connect your device to the charging cable.
  • Press and hold the buttons on your tracker for 10 seconds. Release the buttons. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team.

Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Community, @Tamara1.

I understand how are you feeling. If your tracker isn't turning on, I recommend restarting the unit by following the steps provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I’ve tried to reset by following those instructions and it’s still not turning on 

no smiley face or vibrate. The app is still looking for the device even though it’s right next to phone and fully charged 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new faces, @KarenH124 welcome.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this turning on issue. Since the restart process didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

In the meantime, let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because it has been almost 5 months since this glich was reported with no fix as of today I will start looking for an alternative to Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Berdahl  Nice to see you on the Community! Thank you for your message. If you already did restart your Inspire 2, the next step would be to contact Support. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

im having the same issue. i received my inspire 2 through the school district I work for and its not working. i even bought a new charger this is soo annoying.  i dont know who to call to send this back for a replacement

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Inspire 2 display is unresponsive, try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Connect your device to the charging cable.
  • Press and hold the buttons on your tracker for 10 seconds. Release the buttons. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Where's the button on the charger? I don't see or feel one. Do you mean the button on the Fitbit itself? Just opened my new Fitbit Inspire 2 and charged it fully. I can't get it to stay on. I saw the smiley face and clock only very briefly during charging. Tried the restart instructions, but no success. Thx.

Best Answer

@Chx4 Welcome to the Community.

Thanks for your efforts while troubleshooting your Inspire 2. I'm sorry for the mistake, I meant to say the button on your tracker and I've corrected my post so it can reflect the correct instructions.

I understand you've tried the restart process, but may I know if you're charging your tracker correctly as described here? If the issue still persists, please let me know so I can continue helping you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brand new out of the box inspire 2 and the screen is not working, I have tried the restart but nothing.  This is after the screen on my charge 4 just FELL OFF.  not doing well here ...

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @meldon.

Thanks for letting me know about your Inspire 2 and your efforts while restarting it. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience. I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. Please keep an open communication with them, I'm sure they'll continue helping you with this matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes