Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 won't vibrate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting some notifications on my Inspire BUT the Fitbit Inspire 2 doesn't vibrate.. no vibration for emails, messages, or phone calls... as far as I can tell everything is turned on.. getting frustrated up this device.. help please

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kastbrown — check to make sure that DND and Sleep are off (the icon is not illuminated).  Both of those options will stop the Inspire 2 from vibrating.  DND is particularly easy to turn on by accident because it is the first option up when you press and hold the side buttons. Then if you tap the screen you will toggle from off to on, or vice versa.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

It's great to see you around, @TedJL.

I understand how are you feeling. If your tracker isn't vibrating, I recommend restarting the unit by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Fitbit Inspire 2.  It will not vibrate for phone calls, texts, etc.  I am beyond frustrated.  I had the Alta HR for years with no problem and got the Inspire 2 for Christmas.  So far not excited about it.  Ready to go back to my old one unless someone can tell me what I am doing wrong or what needs to be done.

Best Answer

@kastbrown — check to make sure that DND and Sleep are off (the icon is not illuminated).  Both of those options will stop the Inspire 2 from vibrating.  DND is particularly easy to turn on by accident because it is the first option up when you press and hold the side buttons. Then if you tap the screen you will toggle from off to on, or vice versa.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

Perfect!  Thanks so much.  That is what is was.  It is working now.

Best Answer

Awesome.  Glad it helped.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here, @kastbrown and @Baltoscott, I appreciate the help. 

I am glad to see here that the instructions provided by our friend worked and that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up!

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

The inspire 2 isn't listed there. Mine is not vibrating for anything other than meeting 150/300/450 zone mins and burning 2300+ cals per day. All other vibrations have stopped though previously worked when moving into fat burn/cardio and also the hourly step reminders. How do I fix this?

Best Answer

@jannabug — try restarting it.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
I have tried - I get the smiley face but not vibration with it. I've tried
a couple of times and each time I get the smile but the Fitbit doesn't
vibrate and still no vibration for the hourly reminders or moving into a
different heart zone.
Best Answer

I have done all the suggestions to get notifications from my phone including reinstalling the app, turning everything off then on, checking the dnd and sleep settings, restarting the Fitbit... multiple times. Still no text or call notifications but I did get one from the airline I was traveling on a couple of days ago. PLEASE come up with a different solution to try!

Best Answer
I looked in the settings on the device and there is no option for me to
toggle Exercise Notifications to ON. I can toggle DND mode ON/OFF but the
only option under Exercise Notifications is OFF.
Notifications are all ON in my app, still nothing.
Best Answer

@jannabug @Adkdeb -- DND and Sleep mode seem to be the most common reason users aren't getting notifications on the inspire 2, because they are so easy to  turn on for this model.  But I see you've checked that.  Another common issue .... check to see that you don't have the device in 'clip mode.' See page 14 of the manual.  That mode, meant to be used when you have your fitbit in your pocket or in a clip on your waist band, turns off a number of notifications. The manual mentions auto exercise tracking, active zone minutes, and heart rate tracking.  It is also possible to turn off zone notifications on your phone.

For other notifications issues, check out the steps on this page.  

Hope that helps.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! 
So obvious now and yet your post is the only one I can see that mentions that fix! 

Best Answer

What is DND?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @VeraJ76.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your concern. I would like to advise that DND means "Do not disturb" and this setting can be found in quick settings on your device. Please find more information about your device's display in How do I navigate my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So disappointed in this unit. It could not be less intuitive. And i turn off dnd and it turns itself back on without me even touching it and i’m missing important messages as a consequence. I’m not doing it accidentally either. I am literally not touching it. Buzzes for first call then switches itself on. Why can’t this be controlled from the app? It would be a lot easier. I’ve gone from being really happy with my inspire hr to just plain annoyed. Really quite sad about it. Everything is so hard to navigate. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your support,  it worked, my fitbit now fribrates and I get messages 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have any luck finding a solution? I can only reset my device so many times!

Thanks, 

Best Answer

OMG - THANK YOU SO MUCH - I was getting so frustrated but your suggestions worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes