Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 3 has stopped tracking sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my old Inspire stopped tracking both sleep and automatically recognized exercise like walks, though it was still tracking steps. When I manually entered sleep times, it didn't recognize the times I was up on the night. I tried all the tips to reset it, nothing worked, and I thought well, it's several years old, maybe it's just broken. So I upgraded to a brand new Inspire 3...which is doing the exact same thing. The point of this device for me is sleep tracking. I need to know sleep stages, how much I'm restless, and how much deep sleep I'm getting. I have sleep settings set to Sensitive. How can I get it to resume automatically detecting and accurately recording sleep?

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

A warm welcome to the community @yarrowkat.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding sleep, and for trying to fix it on your own.

Please take into consideration that there are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

In addition, if you continue to experience the same difficulty, try to perform a restart following the steps listed here, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. 

And since the sleep stages depend on the heart rate information, I would also recommend following all the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

it doesn't show the sleep pattern either, that's the problem. Sorry I forgot which words you se to mean which things in this app. Sleep Pattern is what's missing. It just shows a blank wall of dark blue after I enter the sleep times, even when I know I was up and down during that time. I can't wear it on my wrists - I never have, it irritates the skin quite badly - so i wear it clipped to my clothes. It is set to "clipped on body." This has worked fine for many many years and suddenly is not working. Restarting it hasn't fixed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes