Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR: Bluetooth MAC address

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone got any suggestions for how to find the Inspire HR MAC address for Bluetooth. The gym I use has machines which will sync via Bluetooth to heartbeat trackers, problem is they display a list of MAC addresses for all the devices that have synced to the machine which you then choose from. Given I can't find the MAC address I can't sync to the machine. I've looked through the 'about' file on the Inspire HR, which gives a huge amount of regulatory data but nothing useful on MAC address. I've tried a reverse look up from my iPhone but it just details 'Inspire HR'. It seems a pretty basic omission in this day where the 'Internet of Things' means we connect to multiple devices. And whilst I'm having a moan... it can't be beyond the with of man to allow users to name their Inspire HR something a bit more imaginative than 'Inspire HR'.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I did some reading this evening. I heard that at one point certain apps were able to read the Mac Address of bluetooth devices.

An article suggested that Apple cracked down on misuse of this feature so you might not have the ability to do that in iOS 11. 

Best Answer
0 Votes