Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR adds 15,000 steps every morning

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every single morning between 6 and 7 am, my watch will congratulate me for hitting my goals. I check my app and there will be a 15 minute window that shows 15 or 16 THOUSAND steps. So, I go in and manually add "driving" to that time period to remove the erroneous steps.

Not only is that a royal pain, but now I don't get notified when I actually do hit my goals for the day, because evidently it will only do that once.

ALSO, it gives me credit for "driving" as my exercise for the day, going toward my exercise goal, which clearly it is not.

Not cool.

And nothing in these forums seems to address this issue or how to permanently fix it.

I've reset it, reinstalled the app, all the typical stuff.

I've also had this thing for about a year and this only started in the last couple weeks, if I remember correctly.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mhcanupp.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I recommend confirming if you have MobileTrack paired to your Fitbit account. MobileTrack lets you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit device by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. For more information, see How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack? MobileTrack may add extra steps and I recommend removing it from your Fitbit account if you're not using it: How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have anything like that. I rarely actually carry my phone with me anywhere, which is one reason I bought a fitness tracker to begin with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Mhcanupp.

I appreciate the additional details. I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes