Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR band won't stay attached

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire HR band wont stay attached. It's not the band but the Fitbit itself. Only had it less than a year. Looked at other comments, seems to be a common problem.

What to do now?

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

Hello @Jmurdough, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for all your feedback and for sharing this information about what you've experienced with the band of your Inspire HR. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about te outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also experiencing this same issue with my band and fit bit. I have used it lightly and I am having the same problem. I spend a decent amount of money on this item and for as little as it has been used and as good as I have treated it in less than a year I am disappointed I can no longer wear it.

I would like to know what options I have to correct this problem.

Thank you

Best Answer

Hi. My daughter & I both purchased & started using out Fitbit Inspire devices recently. 
Mine has been fine. 
Her battery runs out very quickly, compared to mine, however, at the moment the key issue is that her bands won’t stay attached at all. I’ve checked other advice on the forum, but nothing is helping. Can you follow up please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, but I've had my Inspire HR less than three months. It looks like the sides of the unit have been chewed on so there's nothing for the bands to attach to. Of course the unit hasn't been chewed on. In fact, it's been used very lightly. 

I paid more than $150 for my Inspire HR; it should not be having this issue at all, much less this soon after purchase. 

I contacted Customer Support. They sent replacement bands. Still won't attach. 

What to do now?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, welcome to the Fitbit Community @pink_fit_bit @Aine_C @Larv. Sorry for the late reply. 

Thank you for all the details you've provided about the band of your Inspire HR that won't stay attached and for sharing your feedback about this. 

@pink_fit_bit @Aine_C, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox.   

@Larv, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team fas well, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them.

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They said it did not fall under their warranty provisions.....in other
words nothing was going to be replace.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is only a week old and I’m having this issue. I’m so mad because I got this one because the Alta was no longer available. I never had this problem with the Alta. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your replies @Jmurdough @Amesandbuffy.  

I'm very to see that you've experienced this problem with the wristband not staying attached.

@Jmurdough, it is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services.

@Amesandbuffy, I've also been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the ends. I’ve had this device since May. Very disappointed that this happened. 

Best Answer

Hello, welcome back to the Fitbit Community forums @alidak. Sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the band of your Inspire HR that won't stay attached. 

I've also sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my mum bought me a Fitbit Inspire, its never been used as the strap just wont fasten. Thought there must be a peice missing as this cannot be the actual fastening?!! What can I do? Can you get a normal strap? Obviously a design fault. Was this not tested in a wearer trial prior to production? Cannot fathom how it would stay on.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @Bamboo8031

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the inconvenience you've been experiencing with the wristband of the Inspire device. 

Before considering other options, could you please provide a few extra details of the problem you're experiencing? Let me know why the wristband won't fasten or what are you seeing exactly then you try to fasten it. If possible, please provide a picture of the band so we can take a better look at what is happening. 

Keep me posted.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received an Inspire 2 today and I've tried for the past 3 hours to attach the longer band but it won't stay fastened. I even tried putting the shorter band back on but it won't stay attached either. the pin won't stay in on the left side (looking at it from the back)

--------------------------------------

i fixed it. the problem with mine was that the hole on the problem side was not formed properly. i used a 1mm drill bit to form the hole and now the band attaches.
this is a QC problem that should have been noticed but wasn't. not a happy start.

Best Answer

I have the same issue - my band will not stay attached.  I have tried after market bands too - they also become detached.  I thought perhaps it was the pins - but it sounds like it's the hole the pin sits in?

I've only had this for 6 months.....and I've had many a scare where I thought I would lose the entire Fitbit because the pins won't hold and it slides off my wrist!   

Fitbit - did you test the bands/pins?  What can we do other than try to drill them out ourselves?

Best Answer

@AScherer if yours is like mine was and the hole/s aren't properly formed, you don't need to use a drill. just use a tiny bit or needle etc to form the hole.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @AScherer, and thank you for your reply confirming that you were able to resolve this @MAQuinn.  

@AScherer thank you for sharing that you've been having trouble with your Inspire HR wristband. In case you need further assistance, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team, so you should be getting a reply soon. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. I cannot get the band to stay attached. I have only worn it for a couple of months. 

----------------------------

Please help me. My Fitbit has only been worn for a couple of months and the band on one side will not attach.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter has had the same with her's. Got it for Christmas and hasn't been able to wear it for the last few weeks. 

Best Answer

Fitbit sent replacement bands, but apparently, that is not the issue. The actual device has a bit of the plastic missing. It is not from aggressive treatment. The band fell off while I was sleeping. Such a bummer!

Best Answer