Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR band won't stay attached

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire HR band wont stay attached. It's not the band but the Fitbit itself. Only had it less than a year. Looked at other comments, seems to be a common problem.

What to do now?

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

@jagia @Jmurdough I had the same issue - tried 3 different bands, new pins you name it, it didn't work.  I posted on here and a gentleman responded to me that he took a small drill to open the holes in the fitbit itself.  I used a pin - and just tried to make the hole that the pin seats in just a little larger.  IT WORKED!  
Good luck - I hope it works for you too!

Best Answer

Thanks! I will try that!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies, @jagia @Zozee, and welcome to the Community forums, @AScherer.   

I'm sorry to see that you're still experiencing trouble with your Inspire HR devices. 

If you haven't done so already, the best way to get more immediate help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

I'll be around if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also less than a year old. The plastic was apparently thin on one side between the pin hole and the end of the fitbit. The band pulled out,and now there's just a gouge left, and the pin won't lock in. Very disappointed in the design. 

Best Answer
Hi! I was able to contact Fitbit and they are sending a replacement Fitbit. They were very helpful. I wanted to upgrade, but I don’t think they will let me.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Tezgirl

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing the same inconvenience with your Inspire device. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

@jagia Thank you for sharing your experience with the Support team as well. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having that issue, then the band fell off. Apparently that was a weak spot where the metal of the band fits into, today it finally broke and will not hold a band, there’s a whole corner that just broke.  Now I’m trying to figure out if I stay with Fitbit or switch to apple. We just started the 100 day at work and I’ve been a top stepper

Best Answer
0 Votes
They will send a replacement. I want the Fibit that looks like the Apple watch.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your feedback and that you've experienced the same inconvenience with your Fitbit device, @bbdunn82.

I've been informed that you already have a case created with the Customer Support team about this and they're providing you with further assistance. 

@jagia Thanks again for sharing your experience with this. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a Charge 3; it died under warranty and was replaced.  The replacement lasted a few months then it died too, so I was sent a third one (after sending the bad one back).  Just got it -- and neither band I have will stay attached.  Both bands attached fine to both earlier Fitbits.  So frustrating!

DavideFitbit, can you help?  Thank you.

-----------------------------------

May I add that the problem with the Charge 3 that I just received from Fitbit is a problem with both sides (both half-bands won't stay attached).  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up getting the Sense model. It arrived yesterday. I was given a 50% discount. I could have received a replacement Inspire, but decided against that.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yet another update: after reading this and other forums (fora?), the idea that the little push-things were stuck in the down position sounded right.  I used a tiny screwdriver to gently push each one up, probably a fraction of a millimetre, and that worked to some degree.  You wouldn't want to pull hard on either side, and I still think the unit should be replaced with one that doesn't have this problem, but for the time being it is better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @ardee00

It good to know that it's working better now, but if you continue to experience any difficulty with the wristbands, I do recommend that get in touch with the Customer Support team as soon as possible, so they can let you know how to proceed with this. Click here to get connected.

@jagia Thank you for sharing your experience with this as well. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi David,

Hope you can help out, I am experiencing the same issue as mentioned above, top of Fitbit Inspire HR screen strap will not attach to the main body of my inspire hr.

Thanks,

Jamie.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @JamieofArds

Thank you for sharing that you've been experiencing this inconvenience with your Inspire HR. 

Make sure that you follow the steps listed here to properly attach the wristband. However, if you continue to experience the same inconvenience with the band falling off, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team; the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My mom's inspire HR had a similar issue with one side not staying attached. Turns out when we put on a new metal band the one pin was stuck (i.e. not springy) and it made a gauge in the plastic on the side of the inspire near the attachment hole.  I fixed it using an ice pick on the holes and now her bands stay in.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums, @NucMedMike

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this and the steps that were helpful for you to resolve it. 

Have a great day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great idea! I ended up buying the Sense model. I'm happy with it. 

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this update, @jagia! It's great to know that you got the Fitbit Sense. 😀 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue. Got the fitbit in April 2020 and has worked perfectly. Bought a new strap and it wouldn't attach properly, and since then my original strap won't stay attached either. Had to stop wearing it which is really frustrating when the actual electronic watch face is fine

Best Answer