Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR battery drain issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have a FitBit Inspire HR. I updated it to version 20001.88.11. Recently, my FitBit is not holding its charge. Its battery is draining incredibly quickly and not lasting a full day. I attempted changing the default clock face from stats heavy to simple but that did nothing.

I believe a firmware update is needed to address the situation. My FitBit is only 5 months old and has been taken good care of. Is FitBit aware of this ongoing issue with the Inspire HR? 

Thanks

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Same issue and my warranty is three weeks expired.  Fitbit will only provide a discount to a new inspire HR and then the same problem.  The discount does not work on a sale item.  They are all on sale.  It is a smart marketing tool but not a nice one.

Best Answer

Just found this thread as I was looking for advice on my battery issues. My watch has the same firmware update and the battery is draining so fast.

I looked at their guide on how to save the battery and everything they said to turn off was already off. I don't use alarms, I had move alerts off, I had notifications off ao I wasn't getting calls or text alerts, and the screen was already dimmed, basically the only feature that wasn't turned off was the GPS. It's taken me ages to find out how to disable it so let's see if that works but it's not ideal. Turning off the GPS kinda defeats the object of the watch as now all its doing is steps and heart rate. I can't track runs or walks anymore. Not impressed. May choose a different brand for my next watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Batteries will degrade and fail over time.  These smaller devices with these tiny batteries will have failure quicker than their larger cousins (like smart phones).  My Inspire 1 just failed to hold a charge recently, but I was able to get 4 years out of it.

Best thing to try is to perform a restart of the device and let it charge overnight.  Also make sure the contacts are clean (use rubbing alcohol to clean).  If it's still draining quickly, then it's probably at the end of its life.

Best Answer
0 Votes