Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR battery draining issue

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charge my Inspire HR and the charge only last a couple of hours.  When  I take it off the charger it does say 100% but then it doesn’t last at all 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

@BethAQ It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. Regarding the battery draining issue that your Inspire HR has experienced, I'd like you to try the tips that are listed in this help page in order to improve the battery life of your Fitbit device.

Finally, monitor your Inspire HR and see if the issue gets fixed.

Hope this helps.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
I have tried everything. After charging my fitbit it only lasts a couple of hours.
It's not even worth charging it any more.
Best Answer

My Inspire Hr does similar. I'll charge it, it will charge super fast, I'll put it back on, then within a few hours, the charge is significantly depleted. This morning it was low, I put it on charge for 5 minutes with a timer, it went from 28% to 65%. Its now 3 hours later and I've rebooted it once in an attempt to troubleshoot the charging issue, and its sitting at 37% (it displayed 29% immediately after reboot but I'm assuming that was an initial error). I have literally zero idea whats going on. I'm seriously unhappy. 

Best Answer

@BethAQ Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended tips. Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

@Stargazing Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community. I totally understand how you feel about the battery draining issue that your Inspire HR has experienced. I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved.

I would like to know if you tried the tips that I shared in my previous post.

See you later.

Best Answer
0 Votes

JuanJo, yes I have followed the directions for reducing battery time. This is a new issue that has developed recently, it's not something I've encountered before with my device. I've rebooted and eliminated all appropriate sources of power drain, it hasn't made a difference. 

Best Answer

My Inspire HR essentially died two years and a day after I began using it.  I do not feel that is a sufficient amount of time to justify the cost, and will not be purchasing the Fitbit product until I hear that the battery problem has been addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stargazing Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended tips. Since the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected and our Support team will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

@JoFon I totally understand how you feel about this. We appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

I experience the same since this weekend. I have an Inspire HR. Last week the battery would stay on for 5 days and now it drains in one day. I followed all the tips shared here but no success. How is it possible that the problem evolved so quickly? From 5 days to 1 day battery life in just 2 days? 

Is it maybe some software issue? Is it maybe that the Inspire HR is a bit old and this is the way to convince us to change to something new?

I would really like to solve the issue and keep my Inspire HR band otherwise I will switch to something different than Fitbit. 

Thank you!

Best Answer

A similar issue is happening to me. My Inspire HR is a little over a month outside the warranty so they won't do anything for me other than give me a 35% off "discount" on a new device. Of course it can only be used at Fitbit.com and they don't even sell the Inspire HR on their site. Amazon had prices that are better then their own site so 35% off is still spending more than I would on Amazon. Poor customer service like this has me questioning Fitbit and whether I want to continue to be a customer...

It is interesting that so many of us are having the same problem at the same time. Makes me wonder if it's like Apple slowing down older phones on purpose so people upgrade. Sad.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
My sentiments exactly!
Best Answer

I just called about mine. I am 7 days after my one year warranty. My battery was fine until this morning. I woke up to a dead battery, charged it to 100% and it was dead 8 hours later. I charged it to 64% and it dropped to 28% in three hours. Just called and the customer service just wanted me to restart, which I did previously. I have a claim number and will be calling back in the AM.

Best Answer
It sounds like something is going on with the software.
Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue with the same time frame!!!!  I reached out to customer service and was informed that I am out of the warranty period and was offered a discount on a new product!   This has to be a bigger issue.  Fit, please do your job as a tech company and fix this.   Very disappointed in the customer service.   
   Fix the issue!!!!!

Best Answer

The discount isn't even a discount. Amazon has them for a better price than Fitbit.com with the discount... Ridiculous. 

Best Answer

Update since last night.

I contacted costumer support again tonight. The lady I spoke with was very nice. I have to fill out a form and they will ship me a new device. Not the band part. 

Best Answer
When the product only lasts about two years total, why would we buy a new
one, even at 35% off?
Best Answer

I experienced the same issue with the battery the first year of having my inspire HR and Fitbit replaced it twice, since i was within the warranty and now it is happening again that the battery only last a few hours and need to be recharged.  As all above, I have tried everything and nothing helps.  I love fitbit, but I am now doing research to get another tracker, since their support dept only offer 35% of another inspire HR or older product, not their new product, such as luxe.

This is so disappointing.  

I am in the same situation as you.  This sucks...

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please let me know whet you decide to try instead of Fitbit. I am making
the same decision to leave Fitbit since that offer is insufficient. Thanks,
Best Answer

Were you offered any remedy?

Best Answer
0 Votes