Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR is tracking too many steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Inspire HR but it keeps on adding extra steps that I'm not doing. I understand that certain arm movements can cause it to add extra steps, but it'll add steps when I'm sat in the office and I'm barely moving my arms, for example it jumped from 6,000 steps, to 10,000 steps, to 17,000 steps in a short amount of time whilst I was sat down. 

I've tried resetting my fitbit but it's not changing the issue. 

Does anyone know how this can be fixed? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello there, @popherb. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire HR before reaching out. 

Do you have another app connected to your Fitbit account that could might be adding more steps? Mobiletrack maybe? Low-power step sensors inside your phone track your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. We recommend using MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit device at home.

Note that adding more than one Fitbit device to your account gives you the convenience of switching between devices while still seeing a holistic view of your daily activity on your dashboard.

Know that you can negate the extra steps in the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello there, @popherb. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire HR before reaching out. 

Do you have another app connected to your Fitbit account that could might be adding more steps? Mobiletrack maybe? Low-power step sensors inside your phone track your steps and send the data to the Fitbit app. We recommend using MobileTrack if you forget your Fitbit device at home.

Note that adding more than one Fitbit device to your account gives you the convenience of switching between devices while still seeing a holistic view of your daily activity on your dashboard.

Know that you can negate the extra steps in the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer