Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Only had the inspireHR less than a month and it will not charge. I tried everything it said to do on the held site but to no avail .Only charged it 3 times total. Don’t know if it is the charger or the Fitbit . But now the Fitbit is dead as a door nail . I am leaning toward the charger.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see you here @lkjohn! Thanks for trying the steps suggested by @NellyG, you did a great job! Smiley Happy

I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly to give you a hand with your Fitbit Inspire HR and its charger. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
55 REPLIES 55

Hi @lkjohn Have you tried all the suggeations in THIS Help Article on charging problems? Please come back here if nothing there helps.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Already tried everything listed under help. Nothing worked.

Best Answer

I have flagged your post for a moderators assistance

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Nice to see you here @lkjohn! Thanks for trying the steps suggested by @NellyG, you did a great job! Smiley Happy

I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly to give you a hand with your Fitbit Inspire HR and its charger. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. Had my FitBit Inspire for about a month and it’s not charging. So Fitbit screen is black, wont turn on. Pleas Help!

I have an Inspire HR.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue with my own Fitbit Inspire HR. I've had mine since May of 2019 and I received it as a birthday present. Today I noticed that my battery was low and I immediately went to charge it. Only to find out that it wouldn't charge. It was at 5% and kept vibrating constantly showing that it clearly wasn't charging. I have tried cleaning both my fitbit and my charger with cotton and rubbing alcohol but it did nothing. I really hope that there is a way to fix this issue as I'm seeing many others are having similar issues with this device

Best Answer

I am having this exact problem - charged about three times but now nothing. I got my Fitbit about 2 weeks ago and do not feel this should be a problem at this point... I also tried the suggestions that were commented and they did not work.

update: it mysteriously started charging again 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I've had mine since June 2019 and I've had to charge it 3 times in the past 2 days. I have 2 chargers, one home and one for my car. I haven't had this issue before and have tried all the cleaning tricks. Can someone please help.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Did anyone find a fix?

Best Answer

Hi - can you raise a case for me too? I've also tried everything. Got my fitbit in July 2019, and since November I noticed the battery dying quickly, or would leave it charging overnight and come back to find it still not charged on occasion.

Then it completely stopped charging - I think that was in December. It randomly started charging again in January, but has just started last week not charging at all again.

Please help!

Sara

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Bought mine in August 2019 and it just stopped charging about 2 weeks ago. Completely dead. Have cleaned it and tried different USB ports but nothing happens. Would love to get this sorted...miss my watch!

Best Answer

Hello, Any help would be great. I miss having my watch on.  😞 

My inspire HR is not holding a charge for about a week now. ( I have had it for just under 1 year) I charge it to 100% and within a couple hours it is dead again.  I charged it overnight and it still did not hold the charge. I have tried different USB ports and restarting it. I have removed any unneeded alarms and turned off reminders to move as well as text message notifications. (which were not an issue until about a week ago) Have also tried cleaning it as suggested above.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem here. I think the magnet in the charger isn't strong enough to keep the pins aligned. That's my guess. I need a solution. 

Best Answer
I eventually got mine charging on my computer usb, but it still doesn't
charge completely full. Only reaches about 89%.
Best Answer

The charger for the fitbit is garbage, I haven't had this for five hours and I have use tape to keep the fitbit Inspir HR it attached to the charger. Absolutely garbage design.

Best Answer

After only 2 months I too was having trouble with charging my Inspire HR.  I had purchased a new metal band with a magnet on it.  I took off the band and rubbed the back of the fitbit face on my denim jeans, and it started charging. Not sure if the magnet on the band was the problem or maybe it  just needed a brisk wipe.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for a week today stopped charging today I have no idea why or what happened 

My old fit bit alta was like a rock my inspire seems very finicky

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have an Inspire - this is now the 2nd fitbit that I'm having trouble with.  It won't charge!  I've only had it for a year!   I've cleaned the back heads as instructed and bought a replacement charger!  What gives!  I want my money back!!!

Best Answer

I'm right there with you! I've had mine for a year now and I've spent more time charging it than wearing it! I have to charge it 2-3 times a day. I'm about to switch to a smart watch through my phone provider!

Best Answer