Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR not recording exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using an Inspire HR since February. It worked great for 3 months, then the problems started. I constantly have to reboot it, reboot my iPad, etc. to get the dashboard to sync correctly. I just did a HIIT workout and it recorded NOTHING. I have tried restarting the app, the fitbit, nothing works. I'm getting sick and tired of wasting time getting it to work. Any input is appreciated. I've searched the community and sometimes suggested fixes work, sometimes they don’t. I don’t want to manually add the exercise because it will throw off my step count. It's beyond frustrating to read the community posts and see these problems are so common, why don’t these things WORK???

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

You will have to log it manually from your watch. There's no way it can automatically detect that it's a HIIT workout. Looking at the forums, there isn't a specific category for HIIT, but other people have suggested using Workout, to log the full effects of the workout. Once you sync your watch with the app, you can rename the workout. You can also log the workout afterwards by going to the Exercise section, choosing the stopwatch button on the top. The press the Log tab and log it from there. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but this wouldn’t work. There is no option for a generic “workout” in the exercise tab on an Inspire HR. When you search for “workout” the only thing selectable is “tabata workout” and that's not useful. 

The problem with my Fitbit runs deep. I had to talk to a customer service rep and the problem has hopefully been resolved. I haven’t had time to test it yet, but it frequently will not give me “credit” for various types of exercise. I get step credit, but not daily exercise credit. And I'm tired of having to reset, reboot, etc. everything. 

I'm already looking for other fitness tracker options when this one becomes too problematic. I’ve only had it six months, and the last 3 it's been glitching.

Best Answer
0 Votes

D4DBB841-BEF1-482D-BC8D-8F745A2070AB.png

 I have an Inspire HR as well, and workout is definitely an option. I hope it works out in the end!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does not.

B1BD8D93-23B8-4360-9C79-451C526EE2AD.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit inspire 3 and have the same troubles. It’s 2023 now!  Anyway. It ‘s also glitchy. Just did a stair master where i was sweating ( a lot) and my heart rate stayed at 96 for 15 minutes of it. The HR monitor on the stair master machine said 140 which seemed more accurate.  I’m, so far, disappointed in the Fitbit, had a Whoop before which was not glitchy. So far, this thing is like a cheap watch I could have bought for $20.  I texted with customer service once but daily there is something going wrong with it. I don’t have time to try to fix it every day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mfj5280. Welcome to the community forums. Thanks for the details provided about your Inspire 3.

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device. In addition, please follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading, this has been useful to other users who have experienced something similar. 

Please, can you provide more information about the issues with your Inspire 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes