Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire HR is not accurately tracking my sleep. Sometimes it doesn't track it at all! I have tried resetting it a few times, but that has not worked. HELP, PLEASE! Thanks!

Best Answer
496 REPLIES 496

Hi, @Edirin , this thread has many pages and it is not clear what settings suggestions you are referring to.  Couod you be more specific? 

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks @Julia_G thanks but I figured out which settings the post was referring to.

I’ll give my inspire hr another try tonight. Hope I don’t have to chuck it in the bin

Edirin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just stopped using my Inspire HR because it does not track sleep and the
strap causes irritation on my wrist.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Notts , it is possible to get a wide range of straps, so hopefully you could find one that doesn’t irritate you.  It might be that someone in the Community could work with you to find a solution to the sleep tracking issue.  Might be worth a try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I have fitbit Inspire and it has recorded my sleep for over a year. Now in the past two weeks it has failed to record my sleep at all on three nights. Something has changed but I don't know what. I haven't changed anything from the previous 365 nights so it is something wrong with either the hardware or software. Please help fitbit. 

Best Answer
You'll need to do a hard reboot to get it to work properly. Every **ahem** time
**ahem**tybitty does an O/S update it fcks up the hardware and/ software.

I did the following 4 step flush last night, and fittybitty watch is now
working like new:

1. On my Fitbit watch's - select Setting > “Clear User Data”

2. Uninstall Fitbit app on your phone + restart phone (which will flush its
temporary cache) - restart at least twice!

3. Re-install Fitbit app on phone

4. Re-sync watch and phone

5. Checked to make sure the Heart Rate Tracker is selected as ON on my
Inspire watch setting.

Good luck! 👍🏼
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same issue here. I got my FitBit Inspire HR in December 2019, and it has had no problem tracking my sleep. Something changed in the past month and it randomly ignored my sleep entirely on 09/22 and 10/12, almost like I didn't wear the watch at all (and I did wear it, same as any normal night). I considered the first one a fluke, but now it's starting to feel unreliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this tip. Is there any risk of data loss using these steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am done with Fitbit. It never delivered in sleep tracking.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @AKor , there is absolutely no risk of data loss.  Once synced all your data is stored on Fitbit servers and not on your tracker.  

@rsaugust If you would like to explain the issue you are having, then someone may be able to help.  I’ve had a Fitbit since 2014, and although there has been the occasional blip with sleep tracking - the most usual one is that it thinks I am asleep when I am awake (though I can’t really blame it - usually when I am awake at 3 in the morning I am lying very still and playing dead... even my dog thinks I am asleep), my Fitbit has mostly tracked my sleep all that time.

Interestingly, since I have been taking the sleep supplement melatonin, I have been receiving much higher sleep scores from the Fitbit, which surprised me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine hasn't been syncing. It hasn't synced since 9/26. And no matter what
the battery % is, the program on my phone says 63% ... it's stuck!! 😞

--
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This fitbit has been a dud for many.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just stopped working suddenly and nothing will restart it 🙄

Best Answer

*The sleep section that is

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can try the hard restart attaching it to the computer rather than plugged into the wall.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand how you're feeling and appreciate your feedback and comments. If your device is not tracking sleep, I recommend doing the following:

1. Please confirm that your sleep settings are normal and not sensitive: What is the difference between the normal and sensitive sleep setting in the Fitbit app? 
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand if you haven't been doing it already.
  4. Confirm that the tracker is snug on your wrist.  

It is possible to correct the sleep record by following the steps from this help article: How do I edit, or delete sleep logs in the Fitbit app?

You can find more information about tracking sleep in How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? and What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

If the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. As of now, this thread will be closed, bear in mind that you can always create your own thread.

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone.

In order to have the community better organized, I'll proceed to close this thread. If you want to share ideas, have any inquiries or need help about other concerns please visit the community.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes