Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire HR is not accurately tracking my sleep. Sometimes it doesn't track it at all! I have tried resetting it a few times, but that has not worked. HELP, PLEASE! Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand how you're feeling and appreciate your feedback and comments. If your device is not tracking sleep, I recommend doing the following:

1. Please confirm that your sleep settings are normal and not sensitive: What is the difference between the normal and sensitive sleep setting in the Fitbit app? 
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand if you haven't been doing it already.
  4. Confirm that the tracker is snug on your wrist.  

It is possible to correct the sleep record by following the steps from this help article: How do I edit, or delete sleep logs in the Fitbit app?

You can find more information about tracking sleep in How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? and What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

If the issue persists, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. Click here to get connected. As of now, this thread will be closed, bear in mind that you can always create your own thread.

See you around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
496 REPLIES 496

Mine doesnt work either.

This is what it shows after I started my sleep in the Fitbit app. I also ended my sleep time in the app

No light, REM, deep phases were recorded

Screenshot_20190321-084831_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

I have an Inspire that is having similar issues.  My last contact with support told me to manually enter the sleep time but I told them that was not acceptable.  They are still investigating.  Someone I know has the Inspire HR and so far sleep is tracked correctly 

Best Answer

My fitbit inspire HR has not tracked my heart rate at all since putting it on.

and when it tracked my sleep it didnt do sleep stages of REM etc. All it did was the length of sleep. Anyone else had any issues like this

Best Answer

Hi, all.  Have you checked to make sure that the heartrate is turned on?  on your main screen swipe down until you come to settings, then tap your Inspire HR.  In the settings menu swipe up until you come to heartrate and tap to toggle between ON and OFF.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thank you so much. That worked. I feel very silly now! Lol thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Julia,

My heart-rate has been tracking since I got it yesterday, so doubt that is the issue. See my heart rate pane belowScreenshot_20190321-153853_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Hi, @Stacey2309, no need to feel silly!  I have been using Fitbits for 5 years, and I actually find the Inspire just a little complicated, what with up swiping and taping and downswiping!   I am so glad that that worked for you and you are all sorted.

Best Answer

Hi, @Duppie , someone merged a whole lot of sleep posts together, which sometimes can be helpful, but in this case definitely not -- there are different solutions to the problem!

You mention in your original post that you started your sleep in the app.  THAT is why you got the simplified version.  In order to get detailed sleep stages you must NOT start in the app.  You need to just let the Fitbit do its thing and detect your sleep automatically..

Best Answer
It is quite complicated, ive never used a fitbit before. Thank you for your help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Stacey2309 , my pleasure.  There are no silly questions here.  Please do post again if you have any other questions or issues, or just want to talk about anything.  There is always someone here to help.

You also might enjoy the Discussion Forums

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Julia_G, is the behavior you describe specific to the Inspire HR?

I *seem* to remember that I successfully tracked sleep with the app on the Alta HR. I tried it because I often take a while before I fall asleep, and automatic recognition did not pick up that time

Thanks, Duppie

Best Answer

Hi, @Duppie , the behaviour I describe is since "sleep stages" was introduced.  With the more complicated sleep detection, you need to let it happen automatically.  Using the app to begin sleep will always give you simplified stats.  

Pasted here is the Fitbit help article.

WHY DON'T I SEE SLEEP STAGES TODAY?

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:
If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
If you slept for less than 3 hours.
If your device’s battery is critically low.

I suggest teying for a few days letting your Fitbit detect automatically.  Please do let us know how it goes.

Best Answer
Heart rate is on...it works fine. Sleep tracker still not working. Guess I will have to call customer service!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @Julia_G.,

I let the Inspire do it's thing. It worked correctly, although I did fall asleep within a minute or two, which is not common.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Duppie , I am glad that solved your issue.

@lbgkbg couod you give a few more details so someone might be able to see what is going on?

Are you getting any sleep information at all ?  Can you post a picture?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire HR is not tracking sleep either.  I have let it detect automatically, and it showed me asleep (with no details) for the first hour I was AWAKE this morning.  My Alta HR had no problems with this.

Best Answer
My Alta tracked my sleep very accurately. All I had to do was wear it to bed...nothing else! I still cannot track my sleep on my Inspire HR!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

@Julia_G , it tracked my sleep the first two nights that I wore it. Then it just stopped! The sleep icon appears dim on the Fitbit face and has no info. My dashboard shows no sleep information.from app on iPadfrom app on iPad

Best Answer

Mine not tracking sleep correctly- sometimes the start time is hours off and sometimes when it loses big chunks of time with no tracking.  I see more than a few complaints, is there any remedy?

Best Answer