Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire HR is not accurately tracking my sleep. Sometimes it doesn't track it at all! I have tried resetting it a few times, but that has not worked. HELP, PLEASE! Thanks!

Best Answer
496 REPLIES 496

Same trouble here,

any solutions?

Best Answer

My non-HR Inspire isn't tracking sleep either.

Best Answer

We are still having issues.  Support has been less than helpful in getting this resolved.  I’m reaching out again today to figure it out

Best Answer
No working solution yet! Customer support told me to change my setting to “sensitive,” but that didn’t work!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I also changed the setting to sensitive and it still didn’t work.

Fitbit you need to stop fobbing this problem off and start fixing it!

Best Answer

I also noticed that the sleep icon is greyed out on the Inspire. I can't tap to turn on or otherwise.

Best Answer
After contacting customer support as requested to update them on whether changing my sleep setting to sensitive worked or not (which it did not!), this was their reply:

We appreciate the update. While our product tracks sleep, it is designed to give a general holistic overview of your sleeping habits. The time shown on the graph is when your Fitbit Inspire HR was able to estimate that you were asleep - from falling asleep to waking up - based on your movement. If you believe that this graph reflects otherwise, we apologize for this inconvenience, and recommend editing your sleep log accordingly: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1876#EditOrDelete. Let us know if you have other concerns.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
@PaulCC, they suggested that to me Saturday! No luck!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

My Inspire HR tracked for a few nights but a couple of the nights it showed me falling asleep two hours later then I did and last night it didn't track any sleep at all!

Hoping someone can help me before I send it back as faulty.

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer

They told us the same thing to manually enter sleep time.  Totally unacceptable. Going to contact them again today or tomorrow to see what answer they give us now 

Best Answer

Hi, @lbgkbg , from the picture that you posted it looks as if your Fitbit has not fully synced through your sleep info for some reason.  I would try syncing again.  Also if you check prevous days is the sleep info there.

For others who are having difficulty with sleep tracking with the Inspire, it will need to be set to "on wrist" and NOT "on clip", and you should also wear it on your wrist.

You must not start sleep manually from your app, and the Inspire / Inspire HR should not have less than approx 15% battery remaining.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Mine is on my wrist and I don’t start sleep process manually and I charged my battery yesterday or the day before and it shows 75% free.

I’ve only had mine a week and wondering if its faulty and I should exchange it for another.  I tried restarting it also.  The first night it missed the first two hours of sleep, then a few nights it got it right, then two nights ago it was two hours off again and now last night it didn’t track any sleep stats at all.

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer

An update:

Fitbit suggested a reboot of my tracker (put in charger and hold down button until it reboots). Also I noticed that my tracker was set to "clip" instead of "wrist". I do this because I walk on a treadmill at work and steps don't register if it's on my wrist. I just loop it through the buttons on my shirt.  Last night sleep info showed up.

Best Answer

@PaulCC , a restart  is always a good  idea whenever your Fitbit is not behaving as exoected.

However, the solution for you was changing the setting from "on clip" to "on wrist".

The setting will need to be "on wrist" for your Inspire to be able to track sleep.

If you have the Inspire HR, the heartrate setting will need to be turned on.

Best Answer

Sleep still not tracking on my inspire so I’ll be contacting support again later today 

Best Answer

Hi, @Kymickeyfan717 ,

In order to track sleep for Inspire / Inspire HR:

1. The setting for on wrst/ on clip MUST be "on wrist" (likely relevant for Inspire only)

2. Heartrate setting must be ON (for Inspire HR only; not relevant for Inspire)

3. You must allow sleep tracking to occur automatically (it will not give detailed results if you start sleep in the app.

4. The battery must not be critically low.

5. You will not see sleep info until your Fitbit syncs fully.  Sometimes some stats sync faster than others, so, for example, you may see steps on your app before sleep syncs through.

6. As a first step whenever your Fitbit is not working as expected, you should always try a restart

I hope this clarifies this issue for many of you.  Please post again if you need help changing the settings on your Inspire/ Inspire HR or check out the manuals.

Fitbit Inspire instruction manual

Fitbit Inspire HR instruction manaul

Best Answer

Mine doesn’t track sleep well either. I’ve had it a week and it only tracked details one night.

I’m very disappointed with the Inspire HR. My Alta HR was much better at sleep tracking, and had a cord that was long enough to be functional.

i wish I could return the Inspire and get another Alta!

Best Answer

We have done all that already and support has asked us a variety of options to try to no avail.  Sleep stats are still not syncing 

Best Answer

Again last night my sleep status are wrong.  It has me asleep from 4:01 to 8:13.  I got up at 4 am to go to the bathroom, that is not when I went to sleep.  Its like it deleted the whole first part of my sleep period.  

Versa 2 / iPhone 8
Best Answer

Same happened to me again last night. Suggestions from support have been tried to no avail and their explanations are bs. I’m very disappointed in this product

Best Answer