Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR randomly shows 10,000 steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just now, for the 5th time in about as many weeks, my Inspire HR buzzed and showed 10,000 steps.

I know for sure the number should have been around half that, based on my daily walk routine.

So I logged in and synced from the dashboard on my laptop.

Now it shows what I believe to be the accurate number of 5,182 steps.

This behavior started a couple of days after I went swimming with the Inspire HR for the first and only time. I also showered with it on the same day that I was swimming.

Any advice or insight?

thanks in advance,

dennis

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@djl211 It's great to have you here! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Inspire HR showing additional steps. Your device will detect the movement on your arm and translate that movement into steps. There are situations in which your arm may move but you won't be actually walking. For example, this may happen when you are playing the drums, burping a baby or clapping. It can also happen while driving. You can negate these steps by logging a driving activity. You can try wearing your device on your non-dominant hand but select that hand as dominant on the device’s settings to make it less sensitive to movement. You can also restart your device.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes