Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR screen is not scrolling

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there!

It's been a couple of days that my Inspire HR screen is not scrolling or not responding to any actions on touching the screen. Only the side button works. I have tried to restart it and also to drain the battery completely, but nothing has helped. 

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thank you

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

i have the same problem when i am in the pool the screen won't scroll smoothly like it does outside the pool, and in between scrolling in the pool the screen keeps turning off so I have to turn my wrist to get the screen to come on again. I only have this problem when i am in a hydro pool doing exercises. Out in the open this works fine but in the pool it takes forever to scroll to the exercise i want to choose, any help would be appreciated. my one is fitbit inspire HR model

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and Fitbit has already replaced my inspire but it’s happened again. I’m very frustrated and ready to give up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem for a while now. I've made sure to have charged my Fitbit and changed clock faces nothing has seemed to work. I just started having a issue with my Fitbit dying within a couple hours after being fully charged which is very fustrating cause I use it to tell the time which is important in my line of work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this considered the best answer???? Literally no one voted for it and it doesn’t work. It’s so annoying that no matter what our issue is Fitbit just tells us to reset. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem with my Fitbit.  Won’t scroll at all.  I did the restart process and nothing happened.  Changed the clock face and also nothing.  What else can be done to get my Fitbit Inspire HR working again?  I’m extremely frustrated with this whole process.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry that you are going through the same situation, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Since the issue persists after doing a restart, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your tracker's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same screen issue with my Inspire HR.  When I contacted Customer Support, my answer is that it is no longer under warranty!

Update:

The restart did not work for me. And neither did changing the clockface. 

I just spoke to Customer Service again. They are still saying they are not aware of any issue with the screen scrolling, even though so many of us are having this problem. And a restart is not fixing it. 

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please add me to the growing chorus of users whose Fitbits will not scroll.  Neither restarting nor changing the clock face fixes it. Clearly there is a software issue here.  When is the next firmware update coming out?

Best Answer

It’s good to see you in the community, @EileenPWelcome to the Fitbit Community, @Inspire44.

@EileenP Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your device. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Thank you for contacting our Support team regarding this issue. I am sure they tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

@Inspire44 I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. Thank you for your efforts to resolve this. I understand your concern and while Fitbit occasionally releases free feature enhancements and bug fixes for devices through firmware and Fitbit OS updates, I don’t have news to share at this time. Since you've tried already to resolve the issue, I recommend contacting our Support team for further assistance. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone. Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

Have a good day.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire HR also doesn’t scroll anymore only the side button works. I have restarted several times as well as changing the clock face , but stilll no change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Judmeeks.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. They will evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected. 

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had my Fitbit HR since December 2019.  Yesterday the screen on the watch stopped scrolling.  App seems to work fine.  Is there a remedy for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sophia,

Nothing helped. You need to reach out to customer support. Most probably they will replace it.

Best Answer

Hi , I tried all the steps you suggested. I tried contacting several times by using the online chat and have gotten no response. As it stands my Fitbit is useless! 

Best Answer
Hi,
Unfortunately there seems to be no permanent solution to the scrolling problem. Mine now scrolls intermittently. The unit started scrolling again (for a few hours) after waiting a day or so, then it stopped again for 4 or 5 days, and now it has been back for the last few days. In the meantime, though, it has developed the habit of not charging reliably when I connect it to the charger. But occasionally it does charge. Very frustrating. Both of these problems started very suddenly, after 20 months of daily use of the device. When I called Customer Support, Fitbit seemed to acknowledge that the device was broken, and, when they determined that mine was a few months out of warranty, they offered me a 35% credit toward the (full, non-discounted) price of a new device that I order from the Fitbit site.

I hope this helps!
Best Answer

Yes they just offered me a 35% discount . I told them to shove it! My fit is about 15mths old. If the Fitbit cannot last a year might as well I save the money and buy an Apple Watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I’m leaning toward an Apple Watch too, but I’m not impressed with the reported lifetimes of them, either. It seems that none of these modern ‘wearables’ lasts anywhere near as long as a good old fashioned (dumb) wristwatch! If you want modern tech, it seems you have to be willing to put up with both frequent charging and frequent replacing. They appear to be designed to last for the warranted period, and no longer. Oh well…
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  I changed my clock face, saw that it started scrolling, changed it back, then  updated the program.  Mine is back working for now.

I got it to work again, without customer support.  I changed the clock face and once it scrolled, I changed it back.  Then I updated the program.  It's okay for now.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s good news, but unfortunately in my experience that trick doesn’t always work. I tried changing my clock face too, but it didn’t work and I had to wait some time (1 day the first time, and about 5 days the second time) for mine to start scrolling again. It seemed to recover (eventually) all on its own.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work for me. The screens continually scroll, reset does nothing, it just starts scrolling through the screens again and the screen never turns off. Help please! 😢 

Best Answer
0 Votes