Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR screen not responding to taps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nothing happens when I tap on an icon. The device is also quite temperamental and the screen often doesn’t switch on when I turn my wrist to look at the screen. Any ideas to rectify this? Many thanks. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SharonP365 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with your Inspire HR not responding to taps. Please restart your device by following these instructions. This should also help with the screen wake feature and also try making a fluid and fast movement so your device detects that you are trying to see the time.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@SharonP365 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with your Inspire HR not responding to taps. Please restart your device by following these instructions. This should also help with the screen wake feature and also try making a fluid and fast movement so your device detects that you are trying to see the time.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I’ve read about the instructions you said would help with myinspire HR. But there were no instructions!  What am I missing here?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scootnana Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Thank you for letting me know about this. I have updated the post to include the instruction so you can restart your device.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  The screen doesn’t respond to my taps.  I have reset the device multiple time and nothing.  Based on the many post regarding this issue it is clearly a problem, but nobody has a fix. Frustrating.  

Best Answer

My charge 4 is working except that the screen does not come on when I tap it.  It responds to the button.  It changes displays by tap, but does not go from black to the home screen (or anything).  I did reboot and nothing changed.

Best Answer

I have exactly this problem and have tried everything.  With you in frustration!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drrufus Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your unresponsive Inspire HR and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I purchased my Inspire HR  in May of 2020, and now screen is not responding when tapping or swiping after just a little over 1 year of use.  Screen does turn on when swiping my wrist and can still see stats when logging into the app.  I've rebooted multiple times and problem persists.  

Any suggestions on what else to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@canadianmoflo Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I suggest you contact our Support team o they can further assist you. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes