Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR shows a "Battery not charging." message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting a message on FB "Check Charger.  Battery not charging."

I cleaned my FB and the charger.   I bought a new charger and got the same message.  Can't restart due to FB not recognizing the charger! Help!!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Update again:    Same issues continue with replacement with error charging message.  Happened four times at the beach.  Yes I could push the reset button and it eventually goes away.   I am so disappointed with Fitbit.   Look at the specs for Charge 4….says environmental conditions up to 140 degrees!!!! Really??   Thinking about getting a refund.   Thought about the new Lux but it’s good for only 113 degrees.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the same thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

For everybody that has the same problem, try to buy a new charger on Amazon or Fitbit accessories store. If the problem persists, you will need probably need to change the battery unit or the charging pins (malfunctioning charging pins are a common problem on Fitbit HR and Inspire 2). To change it, go find a repair store that use genuine Fitbit parts for more reliability and customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fit bit is not on the charger when I get this message
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RBDK97   There is no genuine Fitbit parts repair store. There are no batteries or parts available from Fitbit to repair these devices. Anything someone does could invalidate their warranty, should they still have one. Fitbit doesn't warranty anything unless it's purchased from an authorized retailer, and it would be the entire unit, the pebble, band and charger. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Do you like the Amazfit?   I’m getting the check charger error as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a resolution? Mine is doing the same as yours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow same thing happened to me today. I was out in the hot sun and it was going haywire, every few minutes it would give me that message that it wasn’t charging even though it was on my wrist. The battery was at 90% too, did you ever find out why it did that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No details on why it happens but after multiple calls and chats with Fitbit they finally sent me new one. So far (a month or so) all is well. They are very resistant to replacements but you need to be insistent.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
No I just touched the charger to it and it cleared up
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes… just pressing the side button will clear it.   Even in the pool it shows message.  

Continued issues with the message even with the replacement.   I requested a refund and was granted a 50% off a new device.   Ordered the Versa 3.  Should arrive today.  They admitted it was a software issue.  Venture on warriors.   Stick to you guns.  It is a faulty device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this info. I live jn FL & have used my FB outside all summer - heat & humidity. It’s acting up now, in cool weather. Happened twice today & it tells me the battery is low when it’s not. 😤 Pushing the side button is useless. Curious how you like the Versa 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got the inspire 2. It is ok.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here but I note that you don’t appear to have received an explanation. 
I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to contact the help desk after reading your enquiry. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi X-
I continued to have problems; replaced one unit with another that also failed to charge it took two months for the exchange I’ve given up on Fitbit.
Too bad; when it worked it was great.
Push on them to expedite replacement of your entire set of equipment. Maybe you’ll get lucky.
If you ship it back track it so you have proof it got to them.
Dan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Dan
Mine is a slightly different problem insofar as it tells me occasionally that the battery isn’t charging when I am actually wearing the **ahem** thing and it has at least an 80% charge on it.
This is annoying, frustrating and a nuisance as I have to clear it off the screen each time.
I’ve had the Charge 1,2,3 & 4 versions and had varying problems with all of them.
I should listen to the wife and sling it as far as I can as she thinks all Fitbits are rubbish. She is an Apple Watch convert already.

Victor

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Victor-
I had that problem too, on one of mine.
Too bad the Apple is so big and bulky… and does too many things.
Fitbit (charge) form factor and functions hit my sweet spot, but their quality is crap.
Some day someone will do it right… but for now I’m going with a Garmin chest strap with Bluetooth and the free iPhone app for tracking.
Maybe you’ll get a surprise present and all will be good…
Cheers!
Dan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Dan
Thanks for the heads up.
My main problem with Apple is that it's more like a traditional watch and I still like to be able to wear my usual watch on the other hand.
I totally agree with your comments about Fitbit. They should concentrate more on getting it more reliable than introducing new functions.
They’ve introduced the new Charge 5 but expect you to pay monthly for the extra functions after the 6 months free trial- what a con! I won’t be going down that road. Lol.
Stay fit.
Victor

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes