Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR won't charge or turn on, body of device very hot when I try to charge it.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife has taken great care of her Inspire HR, but about a week ago it started having charge problems, and now appears to be dead.

Any suggestions appreciated, I really did not want to have to buy yet another of these.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @swheeler have you tried giving the Inspire HR a restart ? ( Instructions in the link.). Do make sure it has had a chance to charge before trying the restart.  The instructions say to hold the button for 5 seconds but if the device appears to be dead (unresponsive and blank screen) you may need to hold the button for considerably longer (up to 30 seconds or more). You also may need to repeat the procedure a couple of times as a single restart doesn’t always work.

However, if the device gets very hot when charging please be careful as it could be a fire hazard!

If restarting does not solve the issue it may be that your wife’s Fitbit has sadly come to the end of its useful life.  The Inspire HR is now quite an old device in electronic terms, and, as I am sure you are aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span.  In that case I would recommend getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on Contact.fitbit.com as I know they are often able to offer a discount to loyal customers looking to upgrade.

I have an Inspire 3 (the newest in the Inspire series) and I would say that it is an excellent device and a big improvement over the original Inspire HR.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try restart a number of times.  The screen just stays blank and the body of the tracker is quite warm.
I will contact support.  Thanks for the help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue and my Fitbit is just over a year old. I purchased it last June, so it’s just outside of the warranty period. It had a little smiley face then died and won’t recharge. I’m giving up on Fitbit because this is the 3rd inspire hr (or inspire 2) since Feb 2020. 

Best Answer
0 Votes