Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR won't turn on after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit wont turn on , i have just received it this morning and was updating the firmware , and after the update it wont turn on at all , i have tried the soft reset holding for 8 secs and still nothing ! Pretty gutted 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Billymckenzie19

I'm sorry to hear that your new Fitbit Inspire HR doesn't turn on. Thank you for performing a restart before contacting us and thank you for the information provided. To investigate your case, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. Just got my Inspire HR today and updated firmware. Phone is trying to install the firmware to the fitbit and the phone can no longer connect to to the fitbit via bluetooth because it wont turn on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davis2sj Welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Inspire HR doesn't turn on.

If you haven't done it already, please follow the troubleshooting steps to resolve battery issues on this article.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response. 

I have tried these and or they do not apply to the situation. The unit is brand new. Installed firmware update via prompt from fitbit during setup and it will not turn on. Unit was more than 75 percent charged before the screen went black and never turned on again. Realized the update wasn't working when the unit was no longer connected to my phone via Bluetooth. In an attempt to reconnect the two I realized the update has caused the unit to no longer turn on. Very disappointed. Christmas gift that won't work in time for christmas . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Davis2sj Thanks for the update.

I just sent this information to Customer Support. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible.Thank you for your patience.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here new Inspire HR out of the box prompted to do a software update during setup battery was over 80% about 20 minutes into the update the tracker switched off and now will not restart. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community @India2.

Thank you for letting us know that you are experiencing difficulties with your Fitbit Inspire HR. 

I created a case with our team to investigate your situation. They will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please check your inbox on the next days.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has same issue.   It was updated not screen is blank, won’t turn on or vibrate when connected to charger.  Seems like the watch is dead.  Tried restarting it several times but no response.  Cleaned contacts with alcohol swabs. Tried several chargers and it’s unresponsive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @chowder632.

Thank you for trying to resolve the issue with your Fitbit device before contacting us.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes