Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

Received my Fitbit inspire today for my birthday.  Unable to charge.  Have tried to do a reset but won’t do that either.  Very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ann how are you trying to charge it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was using Valerie and getting 1-2 days of battery life. I have switched to Simple Stats and will try the restart when I get home.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine this morning, updated and fully charged as instructions. About 10.00 this morning

Switched almost immediately to Valerie watch face and saw only 55% battery by 8pm . Granted played with it a little, but not as much as I’d like :), and have HR and notifications set to on.

I did notice that the menus seemed to scroll on their own, and the watch face would activate automatically, so I switched off auto watch display. It did seem to lesson the watch face displaying slightly, but not entirely, and I could see the watch illuminating under my shirt sleeve. The scrolling issue was no better. I was worried how this would impact on battery life.

Found these pages and  I switched to analog display as suggested about an hour ago at 50% and have used just 1% of the battery since changing....even with quite a few notifications ( about 50% of what I received for the whole of rest of the day!)

Also no auto scrolling or turning on, so the issue must be down to the different watch faces......perhaps due to glitches with the added switchable complications on some of them?

Will report back after a longer test

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since having it fully charged since 7am PST this morning on Heavy Stats, I am still at 90 percent battery for the day and it is 3pm PST now so we're getting somewhere!

Best Answer

Just reset my watch as recommended.

The reset requires that the watch is connected to the charger.

before the reset, battery was showing as 49%. Seconds later , after the reset,the charge was showing as 34% ! Certainly some issues here.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had that issue too. The watch will realize its true potential and correct itself after awhile on the charger.................

Best Answer

I have tried charging it using different USB ports on laptop. And also tried using wall chargers.   Not charging and the restart is not working.   Very disappointed birthday gift. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sailorbear510 @BE_Dixon Thanks for confirming your findings! 

@Adeuk I recommend switching to one of these three clock faces to potentially conserve battery life: Simple Stats, Shifted, and Analog. Let me know how it goes!

@AnnDavies Thanks for letting me know. I have contacted our support team on your behalf. Keep an eye on your inbox, as our team will be in touch via email soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe this is true. When I first wrote, I'd been using the bold clock face that's not even there anymore; the numbers were thick and bold...maybe the Veronica? That's when my battery was draining to fast. Changed to Simple Stats and am getting two days now. Hoping it gets even better than that. Should I restart again and then again if I'm still not getting optimal battery power?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ProfJudi Yes try another restart. It wont do any harm, and it may help.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update - It is now 8pm in the evening and I still have 81 percent. A huge improvement from yesterday. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with my Inspire HR. I’ve had it a few weeks and the battery drains in 2-2.5 days! I don’t know what to do either!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following a switch to analog watch face and a reset and full charge.....

After 9 hours, mostly sleeping with hr enabled for sleep tracking, the battery is only down by 9%. Which seems more in line with what I expected from the battery.

So far, so good.

Next to see how it does today , which will be quite a busy day for me and the Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to get the Inspire HR as soon as it came out in my country but reading this thread I am now hesitating. Does anyone know if everyone has a problem with this or if it's only some of the trackers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Matt -

Thank you for the feedback.  My comments below are aimed at helping your team trouble shoot the battery drain problem.  I received my Inspire (not HR) 3 days ago.  I fully charged the battery, set it up, and have been experiencing severe battery drain - 100% in less than 10 hours.  FYI, I use it only in clip mode.

I most recently charged did the following:

-  soft and hard reset

-  uninstall and reinstall

- turned off all notifications

-  turned off screen wake feature

-  adjusted clock to simple mode

-  confirmed all clock and timer features are off

-  turned off all day sync

-   I am using Firmware version: 33.20001.57.19

After charging it all night again (7 hours), I have experienced 55% battery drain in less than 5 hours this morning while logging 5400 steps.  None of the above measures have seemed to help.

I hope this feedback helps.

Best Answer

I had my watch on overnight and woke up. I see 75 percent battery power left. So it's much better right now compared to initial experiences.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi folks! Just wanted to provide a quick update. 

Our engineers have temporarily removed the Heavy Stats and Valerie clockfaces as the investigate a technical issue. We are hoping to have both of these clockfaces back in the gallery soon. 

As mentioned before, I can suggest using one fo these three clockfaces to optimize battery life: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog.

I will be sure to let you all know once these clocks are back in the gallery. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

@sailorbear510 @Adeuk  Thanks for confirming. Glad to see that you are getting better battery life. 

@JJIII @Jellybn16 @ProfJudi Please try changing your clockface to one of the three I have listed above. This should help with your battery life. 

If you have additional questions, you know where to find me!

Best Answer

Thanks! I did change the clock face from Valerie to Simple Stats and it’s made a difference. I got two full days before needing to charge again. Hoping to get it to 3-4 as I usually got 4 on my AltaHR FitBit. Other than the battery issue, I do like my new Inspire. ☺️

Best Answer

If I have Heavy Stats still as my clock I can continue to use it right? This watch face is not causing me any problems currently. But my ability to use it will be lost if I switch to another until its restored, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes