Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

I just got my Inspire HR early Thursday afternoon, 3/28.  I charged it to 92%,then put it on. Today, Tuesday 4/2, I still have 32% power left.  Not bad: looks like I’ll get 6 or 7days on not even a full charge.  Relieved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my FitBit Inspire HR I've only used it for 4 days. I only get 1 day out of a charge and I am using the Shifted clock face. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmmm.....hearing what you just said I'm thinking maybe I should return my Inspire HR for a new unit. I'm still just getting two days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ProfJudi I definitely would if I were you! I returned my first Inspire HR and ordered a new unit. I have every single feature turned on and I'm on my fourth full day of use with still over 20% battery life. It was a huge relief after having had less than a full day of use on the first one I got. @Tweetynell I would consider this too, if I were you! I used to get less than 12 full hours of use and after I returned it and got a new one, all my battery problems are gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this mean that if the battery does not last enough then its a faulty item.

But many is having this issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
I think I will.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much....going to call Fitbit right now! 🙂

Judi

Best Answer
0 Votes
Judi, I just got off the phone with Fitbit customer service they seemed
unaware of the issue and have asked me to do a battery drain test. I wonder
if anyone else has had this experience?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tweetynell I contacted them about my battery issues when I was having the same problem. They asked me to do the same thing. The test didn't prove anything other than that in fact my device had an issue with battery draining. They gave me the option of sending it to them to get it repaired. I considered it, but given how long shipping takes to get to them and then back, I was worried that the 45 day return period was going to run out in the meantime. So I just returned it, and repurchased it on amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dianalucia2  how do you do the drain test?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@delsayed1967 These are the instructions I got via email:

If you still believe your battery is not lasting as long as expected, we’d like you to do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. Please do the following:
1. Disable the features that can impact battery life (they linked to an article that I believe the moderator also referenced earlier)
2. Fully charge your tracker.
3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day. 
4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

When your battery is completely drained, meaning that your tracker is no longer responsive and you no longer see the low battery indicator, let us know the day you fully charged your tracker and the day it was fully depleted.  

With this information, we’ll be able to better research how long your tracker's battery is lasting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with FitBit. Very nice representative who truly tried to be helpful but I'll let y'all know if it improved anything. They're able to check your FitBit on their end and they saw that my charge was lasting less than two days. We reset it (while it's being charged, hold the button down until the FitBit symbol or a smiley face comes up) and that supposedly resets it.

I was advised to sync the FitBit a few times a day as it is NOT on auto-sync and to see how long the battery lasts. If I continue to get poor battery life, I am supposed to call them back and they will look at my situation again and, I guess, send me a new unit if it's still not working.

Somewhat satisfactory; really, all I wanted was a nice, newer FitBit that worked as well and as reliably as my Alta HR. So far, the battery issue is the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine on Amazon, guess I'll go through them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am only getting 24hrs usage after charging. Nothing like the 5 days stated on the box!!!!! I haven't even synced my mobile notifications & using it purely for fitness tracking & still battery life eaten up. Please advise. I've had the Inspire for 3wks & not happy with it's performance. 😞😞😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a bummer. Lots of us have been dealing with it. Read the instructions I received in a call to FitBit.  They’re ina post above and could help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on about the charger issue is yet??   I bought this for myself for my birthday. And I’m already having to charge it every other day now..  and I had Flex 2 before and didn’t have to charge for at least 4 days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not going well. I've done all that has been advised and I am usually 28% or under by the end of the second day. Very unhappy, despite liking the device. I really hope FitBit can fix this. I'm tempted to start wearing my AltaHR again, which I replaced because it was cracked. Disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. I'm 4 days into owning my 1st Fitbit and I'm charging it every day.  By end of day battery almost exhausted. I'm only using it to measure steps. Please help me. I thought Inspire HR takes 5 days.  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try taking off text notifications and changing the clock to simple 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all. Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for the detailed feedback you have provided around this topic. 

As mentioned earlier, I have communicated your feedback to our engineers and product team as they continue to investigate similar reports. I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. 

@Hme77  For any newcomers to this thread, our engineers have temporarily removed the Heavy Stats and Valerie clockfaces from the gallery as the investigate a technical issue. We are hoping to have both of these clockfaces back in the gallery soon! 

In the meantime, I can suggest using one fo these three clockfaces to optimize battery life: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog.

As always, if you have additional questions feel free to let me know in the comments below. Thanks again all.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes