Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

I was going to wait before updating this thread, but seeing as you've popped in @MattFitbit  I'll do it now.
I really think this is to do with either faulty devices or how the Inspire is operating with certain handsets.
I am using heavy stats as described in my previous post (thankfully I selected that face before it was removed) and two weeks in a row I have had more than the advertised charged time.  I have turned no features off, have four silent alarms every morning.

This week, having both updated iOS and the Fitbit App to the latest versions I stand at 57% charge remaining.  I last charged to 100% and took it off charge at 9am Monday morning.  It is now Friday evening at 5:48pm - I have not charged since Monday.  I have even used the GPS to track two 40 minute walks this week.
Perhaps it would be useful for people to list their phone; fitbit useage, and face they are using.

I have three work friends who all bought Fitbit Inspire HR after seeing mine - all terribly disappointed that they cannot use the Heavy Stats face (none of them have had battery issues), all purchased from Currys/PC World in the UK, specifically Canary Wharf.

I'm having zero problems with Heavy Stats, in fact, I'm getting far more than advertised battery life 🙂

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer

As others have experienced, the battery in my Inspire is miserable- I get maybe 36 hours out of a charge.  I have had it for about three weeks.  I use the clip- I can't wear it on my wrist and my One- which I loved - no longer works and Fitbit discontinued it.  I am extremely unhappy with the new device and regret buying it.  I wish I could get a refund but I don't think that is possible- I have none of the original packaging.  The Inspire does not inspire at all.

Best Answer

I have had the Inspire HR since March 21st; I am experiencing the fast discharge problem, see data below.

After receiving the device it immediately performed a firmware update. From March 21st to March 31st the device worked without a problem using factory defaults; charges lasted a few days, I only needed to charge it twice in that time.

On March 31st I changed the clock face to analog (out of preference I had not read the help yet) and enabled notifications. I also managed to get trapped in the exercise menu and had to refer to the documentation to get out (the exercise menu has a large gulf of execution). At this point, I put the device on charge overnight; it indicated a 100% charge the next day (Monday 10AM).

By 3PM Monday (only 5 hours later) the device was indicating a need for a charge; it was dead a few hours later.   

At this point, I discovered the recommendation via Google and reset the device using these instructions: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

After charging to 100%, the device still only lasted approximately 8 hours.

I have tried the following:

• Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist.
  • Turn off the Heart Rate setting if you don't need heart-rate tracking day and night.
  • Receive fewer reminders to move. Make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • Turn off notifications from your phone if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications.
  • Turn off or delete alarms. Each alarm reduces battery life. 
  • Don't charge your device in extreme heat or cold. For best practices,

Question, the "restart" procedure did not appear to restore the device to factory defaults; is there a procedure for restoring the device to factory defaults?

Some additional data: 

The charge rate appears to be inaccurate, indicating a 5% charge when plugged into the charger and a 45% charge after being connected to the charger for only 15 or 20 minutes.

When plugged into the charger, button operation is indeterministic. Sometimes holding the button shows charge state, other times it has no effect (screen remains blank).

I purchased the device specifically for HR, turning it off is not a long term option.

Based solely on observation, it appears that there are issues other than just the battery discharge issue. The sleep monitoring and heart rate monitoring data appears to be incorrect; I have no control data so I cannot be sure.

Interesting additional data point, the charge indicator shoed approximately 45% at the end of my last post, now it shows only 28%. The charge appears to be going down while the device is connected to the charger. Even if the device accidentally disconnected from the charger, to go from 45% down to 28% in less than 30 minutes has to be a clue to the problem.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Getting increasingly unhappy and will likely be making my second call to FitBit on Monday. I just got the email 'alert' that, once again, my FitBit battery is low - meaning a charge hasn't even lasted 48 hours. And, last night, it wouldn't sync. More and more, I am missing the reliability of my AltaHR. I do like the Inspire better in some ways but I'm tired of its unreliability. Does anyone think getting a new device will actually work out well? FitBit, if you're listening...what gives? So many are so disappointed in what should be a really great, slim, nice looking device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Until you know for sure a new device will perform better, I wouldn’t rush into a new device.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
That's good advice, MikeinVT. The only reason I am considering it is because some posters here did exchange theirs for a new one and it worked well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ProfJudi it definitely did make a difference to get a new device. Not only that, but my sister got one and she’s getting the advertised battery life. I’m on my fourth day of heavy use and my battery is still a bit over 50%. I would try my chances before you can’t return yours! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You've convinced me. Will call today. Thank you!

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer

hey matt, has been any news concerning the battery lige of Inspire HR?

I just got mine and it seems that the battery won't last for 2 days straight.

Just restartet and changed my face clock to see if ot helps.

Thanks and keep us updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello dear, do you use a fitbit inspire hr now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @SunsetRunner, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. Thanks for reporting the battery issues that you're having with your Inspire, I know how important it is the first impression; but believe me not all Fitbit Inspire devices are having this issue. 

I'll be glad to give you a hand with this. Please confirm if you've already performed a quick restart and if you've followed the troubleshoots listed in this article. As I noticed you've posted a comment on the main thread about this topic. 

Your opinion means a lot to us, I've passed your feedback to our team. I hope you consider keep using Fitbit to help you with your daily workouts. But in case that you need more information about your warranty options to return your Fitbit, please let me know, so I can request a ticket for you.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new fitbit inspire battery last exactly 12 hours.  I am very unhappy.  I just sent my data to fitbit and am waiting for their response.  Seeing all these same complaints is not encouraging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all

my Inspire HR was charged to 95% 2 dats ago. it is 20% on third day.

what i did reset it the configured following

1. stop auto sync

2. use simple click

3. stopped notification as i cant read them anyway

try this 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, do you like stainless mesh band for fitbit inspire?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the mesh band on my AltaHR and if it's the same one, it's beautiful but the magnet that kept it closed would cling on to the snap on my briefcase or other magnetic things. Don't know if this one is the same; I'd check with FitBit. It's very nice looking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I hope you are doing fine.

@delsayed1967, I appreciate the tips in order to maximize your Fitbit battery life. I know that friends will find it helpful. You can also check our help article Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?.

@Johnwilson1991 and @ProfJudi, thanks for your interest and feedback for our bands. For more information about them, you can check our store.

Let me know if you need anything else. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gotta charge every 2 days and I use the basic face with  simple date and time. Terrible battery and the charging cable is so short it is silly.  Gotta prop it up with multiple towels to get to my socket----really bad design. How's bout working on replacement charging cable with length!!!

Best Answer

I have given up on my Sangria Inspire. While it was very comfortable around my wrist and it can be worn in the shower, it does not last more than 2 to 2 1/2 days max. I just charged my Charge HR 2 back up and while the band is a bit annoying on my wrist at least it has more battery life than this one. Should have taken it back while I had the chance. In the mean time I will continue to monitor these threads for any new development and maybe go back to it when the fix the problems or come up with a resolution for customers who bought it.

To say the least I feel like I wasted $69.99 and I missed my deadline to return it. 

Best Answer

Pat7776 and SailorBear, I totally understand. I truly do hope a better cable is created and sent to anyone who's already purchased the Inspire. I charged my AltaHR this weekend and WOW, what a difference! I had no idea how user-friendly that cable was until I got the Inspire. It's so hard to get it into a position where you can keep the charge going. It's so weird because my years of experience have left me very happy with FitBit products and service so this weird, short charger is a surprise.

Best Answer
Yes I do

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes