Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

So, just thought I'd drop by and provide an update. 

As per my previous message we got the firmware update for Inspire HR on Wednesday. 

I wasn't overly excited or optimistic as after months of essentially being blamed by Fitbit for the 1 - 2 days of charge I was getting on it.

Anyway, it updated on Wednesday and I charged to 100%

On Thursday it dropped but only to 90% (it was usually nearly dead by this point before)

Friday it went to around 82%.

Its Sunday here in the UK now and it's just gone to 70% charge. 

It seems for me they have FINALLY found out what was causing the battery issues ....and it wasnt because I dared to have all day sync on and receive a couple of text messages on it!!! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very disappointed as well, my Inspire HR spends more time on the charger than it does on my wrist...is there a solution or am I to return it and go back to my Alta HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did an update, turned off all notifications and rebooted my inspire. It really helped. Now I’m back to getting bout 5 days between charges! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've used my Inpire HR for about four days ago and then I got the low battery signal. I've charged it for more than two hours and it's still "low battery". I gave it another hour and it's still "low battery". Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try plugging iui t into your computer..if that doesn't work, uninstall and re-installalso, make sure you have all updates 

Best Answer

My battery was draining, so I have disconnected all notifications, etc. Nothing is tied to it. I also switched to one of the animated faces, ant, kitty, racoon or owl. Surprisingly the battery is not draining. Also every time I moved in bed it would light up even though I had it shut off. But not with the animated face at all! I'm liking this. You need to make a dog face, please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just upgraded my cracked screen alta to an inspire fitbit and I am disappointed. I’ve had it for a month and can’t keep battery longer than 48 hours if that. I’ve changed the clock settings, removed the all day sync, even taken off the reminders to move (defeats the purpose but let’s see anyway) and still 35% battery on day 2. What gives? Yes, I’ve already set it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was having similar problems until I installed the "update" - now my
battery is lasting almost a week. The only problem I'm currently having
with it is that the sleep tracking is "whacky" - it tells me I woke up at
whatever time I synch it to my iPhone (which could be an hour after I've
been awake!) Guess I can live with that as I'm mostly interested in steps
and miles!
Dee
------------------------------
*Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get
better. It's not.*

*The Lorax (Dr. Seuss)*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you uninstalled it, re-installed it, then connect it to your computer to charge it.Mine took a couple of months of doing this, but now seems to be working fine, especially since I installed the most current update.hope this helps!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased the Inspire HR ( 3.5 weeks ago) .

Was disappointed how the battery went completely flat within 24 hours!!

100% on the 19/9 , 1400h and 0% ( the Fitbit refused to turn on ) on 20/9 0730h

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you uninstalled it, re-installed it, then connect it to your computer to charge it.Mine took a couple of months of doing this, but now seems to be working fine, especially since I installed the most current update.hope this helps!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar problem. Anyone with a solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree.  I have owned Fitbits for many years and the version has the shortest battery life of any I have had.  Love that it track a variety of exercise and even swimming but the charger design is horrible and my charge barely last 2 days.  I checked my App and it is down to 16% and I am PT exercising.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something I found that makes a difference is to go into your phone settings (I have an iPhone) and scroll down the list of apps to the Fitbit app. Tap the app, then location, then  make sure it’s on “while using the app” not “always”. This have given me up to 7days of battery life.

Best Answer

After a full charge, my battery runs out after 1 hour.  The green light in the back is flickering but this just started happening so was wondering how I can resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The battery is dying after only a couple of hours. I've changed the clock face, I've restarted/reset and removed user data. My screen has always been dim, with the shaking feature off, and very few notifications turned on. Battery keeps dying. Also wondering if it has anything to do with the update. Cell is a Moto g7.

Best Answer

I asked for a new charging cable and it has made all the difference - okay so only 3 days charge but better than the 24 hour charge I used to get.

Or you can buy them quite cheaply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi- I bought my inspire HR brand new a week ago. It lasted less than 2 days before it’s needed a recharge, now every time I charge it overnight it says 100% in the morning and by 5pm it’s on 4% and flashing to need recharging. I didn’t pay 170 bucks for something that lasts for one workout. Really disappointed 

Best Answer
You should check the following:

1. Do you wear on your wrist or with a clip? If with a clip, make sure you
set the inspire for use in clip mode.

2. If with a clip, do not wear loose in your pocket. Doing this caused my
inspire to drain battery very quickie. This was resolved when clipping on
the outside of my garment/pocket/waistband

3. Turn off various settings you don't need, i.e. timer, screen wake, etc.

4. Make sure you have the latest firmware downloaded. There have been
problems in the past with various clock faces that caused battery drain.

Hope this helps
Best Answer