Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

My Inspire HR doesn't charge to 100% any longer and I've only had it a year! So frustrating. The battery lasts maybe 2 days if I'm lucky!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my inspire HR for just over 3 months now, and within the last 2/3 weeks the battery has been draining rapidly. I made no changes on any of the settings until about a day ago in hopes of making the battery last longer, to no avail. My battery lasts about 35 hours when charged up to 100% from the factory charger. Please help! This is my second Fitbit and my second Fitbit that's had this problem. 

Best Answer

I have an Inspire HR I bought about eight months ago with the Simple Stats clock face syncing to a Samsung S7. I have the screen off, motion off, notifications off, zero alarms, but I *think* I have All Day Sync/Always Connected on mostly because I can't find where to turn them off in the app.

For the past eight months I have gotten on average a week to ten days from a charge (about 12% a day). This last charge lasted 36 hours and I changed nothing! I went from 12% a day to 12% an HOUR!

Please help!

EDIT 1: I talked with Fitbit warranty and tech support and we did a battery test and since that was unusual battery usage and it was under warranty (even tho I bought it at SportChek it didn't matter still had Fitbit 1 year warranty) they sent me a new one.

Best Answer

After being charged to 100%, my battery is drained within 8 hours. I have tried all the steps to reset the fitbit  And good still drains within 8 hours. I have the versa

Best Answer

I talked with tech support and they did a battery test and I ended up getting a new one under warranty. Hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought mine through Best Buy and they don't do extended warranties for Fitbit products any more. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine through Sport Chek and Fitbit did my warranty...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok now I’m having an issue with the battery... the battery has had a lasting charge the whole time of approx 5 days. It was wonderful! I was impressed. Then the other day,...I put it charge to charge for the week like I alway do, left it like 5 hrs... put it on, and in 8/10 hrs... end of day,  I noticed the battery low indicator and I thought, what? What happened? So maybe I didn’t have it connected all the way when it was charging... but it showed the smily face so I thought it was done surely... that was just the beginning.. 3 days in a row it dies by end of day so I can’t wear it at night. The main reason I needed it was for steps, heart rate and sleep analysis. Do I have an old one? How do I tell what year it was produced. 😡

very inconvenient for good money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok now I’m having an issue with the battery... the battery has had a lasting charge the whole time of approx 5 days. It was wonderful! I was impressed. Then the other day,...I put it charge to charge for the week like I alway do, left it like 5 hrs... put it on, and in 8/10 hrs... end of day,  I noticed the battery low indicator and I thought, what? What happened? So maybe I didn’t have it connected all the way when it was charging... but it showed the smily face so I thought it was done surely... that was just the beginning.. 3 days in a row it dies by end of day so I can’t wear it at night. The main reason I needed it was for steps, heart rate and sleep analysis. Do I have an old one? How do I tell what year it was produced. 😡

very inconvenient for good money
I did the recommended restart. Did not work, I’ve had the same face the whole time... 

how to I update my firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thread is from 2019 . I got my inspire HR less than a year ago . 

I started realizing the last week or so that I was charging more frequently,so I took note. I fully charged then wore it on July 6 th pm . July 9th am at 5%  Fully charged it. July 10th am 1%. 

I was on heavy stats clock face...for months. After reading this thread changed to analog. 

Cannot do a restart as explained...I press and hold the button, while on charger..

Never get smiley face 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this still apply to right now as of 9/7/2020  I just recently have a problem with this.

and it happened when it was in Connecticut. So if this is a still a recent issue I now that this implies I’m being affected.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear all,

My Fitbit HR battery die after 20 hours. Anyone has this issue?

I tried reset and it does not help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting my Inspire HR might help, in addition to switching to any of these three clock faces. Thank you for the tip. ☺️👍🏼

Best Answer

So this thread started in 2019.  I purchased my HR in March 2021 and having issues of not lasting 2 days even though it says 5 days.  I have not even used any of the features as just basic runs out in 2 days.  I complained got a new one as they said that shouldn't be happening.  The same thing is happening with the replacement one.  It is clearly an ongoing and known issue yet Fitbit continues to advertise 5 days.  I've NEVER got that.  I work 12 hour days and have to charge it each night as it doesn't last for two shifts.  Really disappointed in this product as I previous had the Fitbit One and never had these battery drain issues.  Tried all the suggested fixes above and nothing works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the detailed information shared and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

This thread will be closed as of now, because this issue was resolved on 4/9/19 where, our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you removed them due to battery concerns. 

If you experience battery draining difficulties, follow the tips on this article. If you continue to experience issues, feel free to create a new thread or contact our Support team

See you around.  

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes