Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

My thoughts exactly ProfJudi, the charger for my Charge 2 is awesome, I still have the original charger it came with, Super simple and the clasp helps it keep on!

The magnetic clasp idea combined with the short cord... No... Not going to work for me. 

Best Answer

Me again! Reporting back on my last charge... I'm down to a mere 10% ☹️

The last time my Inspire HR was attached to a charger it was charged to 100%

That was seven days and twelve hours ago! 😳 (Monday 1st April - 9am)

This is the second week in a row, I am using the heavy stats face which I have used for three weeks.  I have not turned any features off.  I've attached an image of my typical week 

It has battery issues have nothing to do with the heavy stats face in my use case

Fitbit Inspire HR - Version 20001.57.19
iPhone XS Max - iOS 12.2

Clock Face: Heavy Stats
Wrist: Dominant
Silent Alarms: 4 (6am, 6:15, 6:30, 6:45 and 7am) Every day.
Notifications: Fitbit Notifications Only.
Reminders To Move: On 9am > 10pm Every day.
Main Goal: Steps
Exercise Shortcuts: Walk, Elliptical, Treadmill, Spinning, Workout, Interval Workout.
All-Day Sync: On.
Screen wake: On.

DC8C7C52-2598-4567-BA56-9B140F67D247.jpeg

Moderator edit:  format

Best Answer

For those who are complaining about the short charging cord, I am curious what the problem there is.  Are you plugging it into a 110 wall charger?  I have a Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Flex 2 and a Fitbit One and they all have short cords, especially the Fitbit One, that end up being plugged into a USB port on a computer (normally).  I take it the Alta HR comes with a fairly long cord?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have to charge mine every 48 hrs—charges to 100 percent but drains to 20’s😔

------

wow-mine goes for 48 hrs and then I'm in 20's so need to fully recharge yet again. this watch needs help!!!!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed my clock face, restarted, and turn off my notifications. I'm still only getting about 2 days of charge. What is being done to correct the issue?

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit customer service and they have evaluated my device.  They are sending me a new one.  I hope it is better

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since changing the clock face, I’m now getting about 3 days before having to charge again..   hope they fix this problem soon!!!   

Best Answer
0 Votes
hello there, can we friends
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll contact them and see what they can do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me, BethLass. I so hope it changes things.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Fitbit almost a month ago, was charging it and now it won’t come on or recognize the charging port. It vibrates every few seconds but nothing comes on the screen. And nothing happens when I push or hold the button. Cleaned the sensors.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good news! 

I have just heard from our engineering team and they let me know that the Valerie and Stats Heavy clockfaces have been added back to the Gallery. So feel free to re-install them if you have removed them from your Inspire/HR. 

For anyone changing back, I would like to know if you notice any difference in your batteries performance. This feedback will be helpful for our team as they continue to work to improve battery life in general. 

Looking forward to hearing your feedback. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thank you @MattFitbit - although I had no problems with Heavy Stats (thankfully) I was disappointed it may be removed permanently (for me it's absolutely the best face!) Hopefully people see an improved performance and/or get Thier devices changed ☺️

Ooh, just a note @MattFitbit but "Valerie" says it cannot be installed on my device (??) Inspire Hr

...not that I intend to put it on! 🤪

4991A738-4B09-4E1D-9409-E4EA12E051E9.jpeg

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just FYI
It says the Valarie face can not be installed on my device.
The heavy stats can.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I never had a change with my battery life after changing the clock face. I charged overnight on Saturday (more then 12hrs) and its died already!!! Wheres the fix for this? I will call customer service after work but there should be a fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit, Thanks for that great news! Up to know I have not yet had any issues with battery life.  I just now installed the Heavy Stats face (love it!), and I’ll certainly update you after a few days regarding any changes in the power usage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery life depletes very quickly, two days, three at the most and I have to charge it. It’s supposed to last 7 days with continuous wear? I only bought it this past Sunday. Please advise what’s going on with it. 

Best Answer

Same here.  Down to 30% by 8pm every day. Turning off all day sync made no difference, tried to reset, but nothing happened. Disappointed with battery draining so quickly!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted customer service at Fitbit.  They are sending me a new one.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer

I tried unpairing from Bluetooth on my phone and now I can’t re-pair with my phone. Very frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes