Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475
Are you sure it's the only one that works with WW?  Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's the only one that shows on my weight watchers app....since they are send7ng me a new one, I will try to continue working with it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree....customer service has dropped ...I've purchased a number of Fitbit devices over the years for my family and myself and customer service at that point was fantastic.....now with the Inspire HR....I'm being fobbed off with poor universal responses to resolve my battery issues

The Inspire HR is not what Fitbit is about...recall the product....please ...save the folks hard earned money who have endeavoured in a quest to better their health with Fitbit.

I personally will be going back to my Flex 2  and will gift my Inspire HR to Fitbit to pass on as they please ...either to one of their employees or other recipient of their choosing or perhaps the bin.

I would appreciate if Fitbit could detail on the forum how I gift my Inspire HR as noted above.

Kind regards 

Steven7130

PS...my Inspire HR battery remains apparently at full charge for the last 5 days other than a couple of syncs and every feature etc where possible turned off and available unless you want battery issues. It's not been on my wrist and only took 6 steps to it's current resting place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Still no response from forum moderator nor Fitbit with regards to gifting my Inspire HR back to Fitbit ( please see previous post).

Maybe tonight I'll get the information I require.

Regards 

Steven7130

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was really surprised when they didn't want my faulty fitbits back to investigate why the battery is so rubbish!

I am now onto my 3rd replacement and they are still no better!!!

Fitbit MUST know what is wrong. 

It's getting really tedious being told to turn off all the features that I paid for every time that I contact them!

Last time I was told that it mighy be the charger... would they send me a new charger???? No! Sent me another replacement fitbit pebble and told me ONLY to charge using a USB port on a computer as apparently a plug socked port might be too high voltage! and if that's no better get back in touch!!!

Best Answer

When I had my flex I uninstalled it on my phone, and when I got the new inspire, I added it on my Fitbit account, and deleted the Fitbit on my phone.

I then gave it to my granddaughter to install on her phone, didnt seem to be a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to help typed in gifting, it didn't give me anything on that, but it does give instructions on erasing all data from an old device, which I would think you need to do before setting up a new one and giving it to someone 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reminder.

I'll reset to factory settings before gifting on.

Many thanks

Steven7130
Best Answer
0 Votes
Now it makes sense why it was on a special offer from Fitbit, for less than £100.00
Best Answer
Exactly how I feel. I should've know a newer model cheaper than older
model fit bit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was getting those messages on my phone - low battery, please charge tracker. But the tracker itself would show 50+ %. Weird. Not tracking properly in that way -but pretty good with steps!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi FitBit Folks,

So, I haven't written in a while because I just decided, okay, the battery is lousy so I will just charge the FitBit every night like I do my phone. I like the features of the Inspire HR enough to want to keep it so that's what I was doing to avoid a drained battery. So...here's a funny story...

My FitBit had a 'software update' that I did on Thursday morning. On Thursday afternoon, I decided to finally go ahead and buy a Apple Watch - Generation 4 and I can wear it in the pool. I LOVE, LOVE the watch and all that it does. But, I've kept the FitBit on the other hand so I can stay in my FitBit groups. And.....GUESS WHAT? Since the update, I have been getting awesome battery use. A day and a half after a charge, it's at 79% and normally it would be at about 35%. So - did you all get a software update? This might be the 'big one' that we've all been waiting for that truly ups the battery's staying power. I'll give it a week and report back. I truly hope this continues. I'm not sorry I bought the Apple Watch as it has tons of interesting features but now I look like "Ms. Tech-y" with a FitBit on one hand and the Apple Watch on the other.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I hope you all get a software update that makes a difference! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I am same as you @ProfJudi  charging every night.

What version is your firmware on now after update?

I don't think I've had one yet on Android phone but fingers crossed it's going to help rather than Fitbit blaming me for having functions switched on for draining the battery!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jo,

I am on version 20001.63.5 on an iPhone 8 Plus. And, three and a half days later, I'm at 63% - it is by far the BEST battery usage I've ever gotten! Maybe is 'saw' the Apple Watch on my other wrist and wants to compete!Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I have an Inspire HR and it has worked like a charm until 3 days ago. I usually get 4-5 days with a full battery charge. I haven’t made any changes, but now it dies in less than 24 hrs. It won’t synce, and won’t show sleep or workout time. I have tried resetting it and have deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try plugging it into your computer to re-charge it.  Dont really understand what that does, but it helped mine.  Good luck..also, have checked for recent updates??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, I’ll try this!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I won my fit bit on a raffle held at my workplace a month and a half ago, it was on a wellness fair, so several companies came to my workplace and they donated the prizes, battery was great until a couple of weeks ago, it went from lasting 7 days with all features on vs 1 day, I got the new update yesterday and I have not seen any improvement on the battery life, it is really bad. Does anybody know if when contacting customer support, do they ask for proof of pruchase?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a little fed up with always having to recharge my Inspire HR. I have a reminder pop up every 3 days, but the low battery icon (18%) shows up sooner than that. Very frustrating as none of my other fitbits drained that quick.

Nanci

edit

Just got an update on my tracker. I had the heavy stats face as it was the only one with the time on one line. I now have Kitty. Only gives me the time, but the other faces available are crap. 🙂  I would like to see the time on one line, steps, and date on the face. Unfortunately there isn't an option for that. Will have to see if the Kitty face gives me longer battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ProfJudi My Inspire HR got the update last night.... I've got everything crossed that they have fixed the battery problem. Charged it to 100% last night. Time will tell now 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes