Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

Don't despair....you can get a new AltaHR and they work really well. Perhaps the Inspire will be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I restarted and switched clock screens and the battery still isn’t great , and the auto screen is still glitching. Unforuntetely all the other models are too bnb for me. Was hoping this would work because I wanted the specific excercias tracking which the Alta doesn’t have. I might have to go to another brand 😞 can’t wait around forever for them to fix this stuff as we only have 45 fats for return. 

Best Answer

My battery literally drained from 42% to 8% while I was connecting it to the charger. Unbelievable. I’m not impressed with this new inspire HR at all. And the charger is horrible. Who thought that was a good idea? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vicki1416 You'll see that many of us experienced the same drop pattern if we connected to the charger before then resetting. Have you changed to one of the recommended watch faces , reset and then fully recharged?

After I did that the battery use improved considerably.

I'm currently showing 46% remaining after 62.5 hours of use; using analog WF, HR on, GPS on, and receiving notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Adeuk sadly, I tried that several times with the different suggested clockfaces and it did nothing to improve battery life 😕 hoping that maybe it was just my unit that was defective and when it’s replaced I’ll experience the same results it sounds you are having. 

Best Answer

I did change the clock face. Pretty disappointed because this Fitbit is not nearly as user friendly as the Alta. Hoping they get the battery issue worked out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Diana -

Thank you for your question.  Yes, I did change the clock face to analog, and did a reset.  It has been a marginal improvement,  I did notice yesterday although I have turned off the screen wake mode, the screen still constantly wakes at the slightest movement on my hip or in my pocket (I use the clip and not the wristband).  I am quite sure that the screen going on constantly is a material cause of the severe battery drain I am experiencing.

As an FYI, I charged the Inspire (non HR) over night, have had it on all day so far, have taken 13K+ steps, and am charging it as we speak as it dropped below 20% in just under 8 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Inspire HR in early February from my health insurance provider. I have the simple stats face, all of the automatic stuff is turned ON, but the all day sync is OFF.

I typically get around 5 days use from a charge. Last Wednesday morning while doing my morning routine, the HR was on the charger and charged to 96%. This morning, five days later, it is still at 22%.I'll charge it in the morning, which will be six full days.

Fitbit Inspire HR
Withings Pulse O2
Withings WS-50 Smart Body Anylizer
Best Answer
Yeah mine still turns on constantly even though I’ve turned it off. I’ll have to return if this can’t be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

since 9pm last night I unplugged from a full charge. It is 330 pm in the afternoon and I still have 84 percent left.

Heavy Stats Face, Wake on wrist movement. 

Best Answer

Fitbit claims the Inspire HR will longup to 5 days of battery life but mine  dead after 2.5 days with simple stats clock. I average have one hour exercise daily, connect to my phone 3-4 times a day, just for checking progress, all day bluetooth switched off, as it's drain a battery. Never connected GPS, never had an incoming notification.  I use 24/7 heart monitoring, steps counter, calories burning (without adding food and overnight sleep tracking. 2.5 days of usage is very low for that price. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed my clock, don't sleep in it, turn off notifications and I'm STILL losing 25% batter life a day.  I could literally wear my Alta HR to bed and all day long and would only need to charge it once a week. I just got my Inspire HR about a week ago and I've already had to charge it 3 times. This cannot be normal. Is there another fix on the horizon for the battery life? If not, is Fitbit willing to take these back? I'll even take an old Alta HR you all have laying around. Oh and by the way, HATE the charger for the Inspire. SO glad Amazon has one that gives me a little more comfort about the charger actually staying on the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m feeling the exact same way and seriously considering getting a new AltaHR. Besides the way too quick battery drain, I feel like my number of daily steps is inflated.  Suddenly, it seems I’m walking far more steps a day without changing anything.  Bummed out. 😟

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't noticed the inflated steps but I'll be on the lookout for it. I'm
seriously considering another Alta too. My old one still works so maybe
I'll just buy one to keep until it conks out and keep the Inspire for a
backup.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve ordered a replacement. If it has the same
Issues I will have to return and go with a different company unfortunately. Hopefully this one works better!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning, day six, I had 9% remaining before charging while doing my morning routine. It charged to 98%, so I'll report again how long this charge lasts. As noted in my previous post, I've been getting 5 days plus or minus since early February.

Now, if only the number or steps were even relatively close and if the HR numbers were large enough to read without strong glasses, I'd be happy...

Fitbit Inspire HR
Withings Pulse O2
Withings WS-50 Smart Body Anylizer
Best Answer

I do hope we don't lose the Heavy Stats face... it's everything I begged for on the Charge 3, I bought the Inspire HR specifically for that display...  I have it as my current face and don't feel that there is any excessive battery drain.  Don't want to risk trying another face as I may not get this one back! Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Just thought I would check in here. 

As many of you are aware, our engineers have temporarily removed the Heavy Stats and Valerie clockfaces from the gallery as the investigate a technical issue. We are hoping to have both of these clockfaces back in the gallery soon! 

In the meantime, I can suggest using one fo these three clockfaces to optimize battery life: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog.

However, I can see that many of you are still posting about battery short life on this thread and I want to assure you that your feedback has been forwarded to our team as they work to identify a root cause. 

If you have not already done so, I recommend checking out the steps detailed in this article to help conserve battery life on your Inspire or Inspire HR.

I will be sure to let you all know as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has went down today too.  Lots is issues for being my first day.  Have Apple Watch and might just request a refund and stay with my watch.  Only got it because of the high sleep ratings it has over apple. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still 2 days only

I switched off notifications as well. Had the simple clock.

Still only 2 days 

Best Answer
0 Votes