Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire & Inspire HR Battery Issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 4/9/19 Our engineers have added the Stats Heavy and Valerie clockfaces back into the gallery. Feel free to re-install them if you had recently removed them due to battery concerns. 

Our team was recently made aware of an issue which may be affecting some users battery life while using certain clockfaces on Inspire and Inspire HR. We are currently looking into this and hope to have a fix identified soon. 

In the meantime, I recommend switching to one of these three clockfaces: Simple Stats, Shifted, or Analog. After some testing, our team has determined that switching to the above clockfaces should help alleviate potential battery drain. 

If you are experiencing short battery life after switching to one of the clockfaces above, I also recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

As always, I will be sure to keep you all in the loop as more information becomes available. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional insights or questions. Thanks again!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
475 REPLIES 475

Hello, MattFitBit,

Thanks for your response. I see some people are planning on returning their new Inspire FitBits and I'm wondering if I will do the same.

I had an older Alta HR that was very reliable. A charge could go from 3-5 days easily. The inspire has't lasted 2 days yet. And then, we're told to change to a different clock face, turn off options you are not using, turn off reminders......isn't the whole reason I got a NEW FitBit is because I WANT the options you are advertising? I too, like other posters, am disappointed. Is there no fix planned to extend battery life or are we supposed to turn off features that were part of our motivation to get the new Inspire.

I am a big fan of FitBits; this is my fourth one. First time it's not getting off to a good start. Please help!

Best Answer

Following up to say I restarted mine and charged it and within 6 hours it has lost 22%. Not sure what to do. Wish I could go back to my old Alta. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I too restarted mine, shut all functions off and followed the instructions per technical support and it did not help. It saddens me to have to return it but as it is it’s nothing more than a $100 watch that needs to be charged every night. This was my first Fitbit product and I’m not sure if I’ll try another.

Best Answer
Agreed, and honestly they make the other ones last up to 7 days so why not this one? I’d rather pay a few extra dollars and have it last than what it is now and have to charge it every 2 days. I’m very active so there’s not a lot of time I’m just sitting down for two hours to charge it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My son is having issues with his Inspire (brand new). I have had my Charge 3 since Christmas with no problems. My husband has an Ionic that had a minor issue after nearly 2 years. A hard reset fixed his issue. I think that this version (Inspire) has too many bugs right now. DontD give up on fit bit yet.

Best Answer

I also just setup my Fitbit Inspire Sangria. Within 3 hours I was already down to 56 percent. I am scratching my head at this as I thought it was working good. So I have it on the charger overnight and hopefully when I wear it in the morning, it will sort itself out.

I have my tracker on this morning. To confirm - I did all of the reset troubleshooting that was suggested by the community and followed the protocol for charging my tracker.

Hopefully it was just a glitch. If it's not I will report back my findings.

-----

Unfortunately I have made the decision to return mine as I had 20 percent battery drain in 2 and a half hours.... This is not normal for a FitBit.

My Blaze which is still functional holds a charge for at least 2 days if not a half a day more... I guess for this quick upgrade to a newer slimmer model was not the route to go..

Moderator edit: merged replies 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting 2 days to 2 1/2 days on my Inspire.  I am not going to return it but hopefully they fix the glitch.  If they do, how is that done?

Best Answer

I may have jumped the gun on my response as I am going to wait it out for a bit. I would imagine a firmware update would fix the issue however it can be software too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to post about this experience. 

@sailorbear510  As mentioned, this feedback has been forwarded to our team who are currently looking into what might be causing this battery drain. I will be sure to keep you all posted as more information becomes available. 

For anyone who is new to this thread, I recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

It might also be helpful to try a different clockface, as battery life can sometimes vary depending on use. I have had good luck with Simple Stats, Shifted, and Analog. So I can recommend those. 

As always, if you have additional questions feel free to let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

An app update seemed to be available via Google Play this morning so I downloaded it. It seems to have changed the behavior of the battery somewhat as the rate of drain has slowed since installing it. This is getting interesting but it looks like we are making progress in some form or the other.

Best Answer
Is there a fix for the screen randomly coming on when you’ve turned it off?
Who do I contact about this issue as there is no email for support only a phone number and twitter. If it can’t be fixed I need to be able to send it back before the 45 days is up. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for starting this thread. I came here specifically for this topic. My battery is draining fast, having to charge it nightly. I have just now restarted as suggested and hoping for the best!

Best Answer

Since the app update my Fitbit seems to be doing considerably better.

I had 100 percent at 5am in the morning and have now 33 percent at 6:12 pm so I would imagine it will run out of power before the evening is up, or at the last after midnight.

Very baffled by this mystery. But intrigued as well.

Best Answer

Brand new Inspire hr here. Same problem. Battery life is terrible. Will not even last for a day and a half. If not fixed soon I will send the device back for a full refund. My first Fitbit and I am very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I got mine two days ago and also having battery issues. I let it charge overnight and it dropped 6% in under an hour this morning during my workout. I have reset it and changed the clock face from Heavy Stats to Analog to see if that changes anything. Since then it has only dropped 1% in the past 3 hours, so that may have something to do with it.

Best Answer

I love the discussion here and these forums as the ideas that are coming in are very promising. I will try the watch face change.

Yesterday I had my Inspire on and by nights end I was down to 19 percent. So I plugged it in this morning. It is just taking about 1 hour and 15 minutes or so to charge. So before I take it off the charger I'll try something more simple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.  I have to charge it every day which is an inconvenience .  Anyone know how to fix it.

Best Answer

Posting an update

At 7am I switched from Valerie to Heavy Stats with the connector attached. Wore it at 705

It is 10:20 am PST now and I am still at 95 percent. So maybe the watch face had something to do with it. Will keep posting updates as I can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. 

@sailorbear510 @MikeCE  First and foremost, I appreciate the details that have been provided on this thread. I understand that this may be a frustrating experience for some of you and I want you to know that your feedback has been seen by our engineers, who are actively looking into what might be the root cause. 

As mentioned above, I do recommend changing your clockface to one of these three to potentially conserve battery life: Simple Stats, Shifted, and Analog. @MikeCE Has confirmed above that he is seeing better battery life after switching to Analog. So I'm hoping this will help. 

For anyone who is new to this thread, I recommend performing a quick restart and following the troubleshoots listed in this article.

It would be helpful for me to know which clockfaces are being used when experiencing battery drain, so please feel free to comment below. 

I appreciate your help with this. Thanks again all. 

Best Answer

I will begin the clockface list with Valerie.

Best Answer
0 Votes