Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire will not pair to any of my device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying all day to set a new Inspire up. Won't finish on Win 10. Won't finish on LG Android. Won't pair through the bluetooth controls, but will find it with bluetooth. Finds the device and provides the code, then it can't connect. Just refuses to work. This is my 3rd fit bit and I've had syncing issues with the other 2 in the past, but I could at least set it up. Several of the "solutions" on this page are just "keep trying". That just points to a bad product. I work for a fortune 100 (top 3) insurance company, Fitbit is offered as a tracker in our wellness programs. Judging by the results of my help searches, I'll be calling HR in the morning to complain and move to a new vendor. I spent hard earned wellness credits on this for nothing!  I recommend anyone with one of these, take it back. I'll be looking for a refund of points. So frustrated right now.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

My Fitbit inspire worked fine the first day now it will not sync. I have tried all the steps you have suggested still not working. This is so frustrating. Please help.

Best Answer

Hi @Mmm25 and @DaveKKB nice to see you here. @KKS_AZ and @Peg4jc welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry for the delay.

@DaveKKB Thanks for trying the steps that you've descried on your post. @Peg4jc I'd like to know what model of phone you're using? If you're using a compatible device with Fitbit, please try the suggested steps here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? Sorry about the time this is taking to connect. 

@Mmm25 Can you please try with compatible device from this list? Do you have that option? You can also try a computer with built in Bluetooth too. 

@KKS_AZ Thanks for all the details you've shared with us and for contacting our support team. Can you please confirm if you're still having issues with your Inspire HR not connecting? I've checked with our support end apparently they helped you via phone.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Too late, I returned it. And no, I don't just have the option of using a different phone.

Best Answer

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. I received my Inspire yesterday and was not able to do an update it was trying to do as part of the set up for hours. Finally, I got it to pair last night, only for it to refuse to pair again today. I have tried restarting the phone, removing it from the remembered devices on my phone, restarting it... i am not sure what else there is to do besides uninstall and reinstall the app - which I just installed last night. Debating returning it since this is an issue I had with an old FitBit that proved to be ongoing until I just stopped wearing it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active.

Same. All of this. ^^

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Suddenly my inspire won't pair with my Samsung. Only had it about  a month. What is the solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Melnp and @Angelaml04. Hello @Peg4jc and @Mmm25.

Thanks for sharing your experience on the matter and all of the steps that you have tried. 

@Mmm25 Thanks for letting us know that you have returned your Fitbit. Hopefully you can consider Fitbit again in the future.

@Angelaml04 Do you still have your Fitbit? Is it still experiencing syncing issues? Also, please let me know if your S8 Active is running Android 9.

@Melnp What Samsung phone are you using? Also, please try following the steps in this help article. They will help you get everything syncing and working correctly.

I look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I am in that same boat with my new Inspire. I have the newest imac and it has never synced.  Received my Inspire yesterday and have done all the same suggested steps of reset, uninstalling, installing and resetting and have rinsed and repeated til I'm dizzy.  I have built in bluetooth but the Inspire isn't "discovered".  I also have a dongle and there's no sync with that either.  What next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

just got my Inspire HR.  Will not set up on the phone - keeps circling round to the profile page, hit set up new device, choose the Inspire HR, press set up new device and it goes back to the profile page.   Shut of the bluetooth and tried to sync through the computer and it doesn't recognize a device.  This is not my first FitBit product, had problems with my flex, Even more problems with the Inspire HR.  Not happy about this at all.  Please solve the problem!!!

Best Answer

I am having the same problems as described in this thread. I just received my Inspire HR on Sunday and was able to sync it for the first time early Monday morning. However it stopped syncing by later that day and has not synced since. The tracker works and counts all my steps throughout the day but does not sync. I tried syncing to a Galaxy S7, an iPhone (not sure which one) and a Google Pixel 3A as well as my laptop (running windows 10). I tried all the troubleshooting steps including restarting the fitbit and nothing works.

Please open a case for me as well. I bought this for a step challenge at work and am hoping I did not just lose the last 5 days of steps. If this cannot be resolved I will have to return the product with a highly unfavorable rating. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hi @MarileeJ @morgaineotm and @bgarner nice to see you on the Fitbit Community Forums, welcome! My apologies for the delay.

Thanks for trying the suggested steps in this thread. Sorry about the syncing issues with your Inspire HR. I really appreciate the time you've taken to report this. @MarileeJ and @morgaineotm I'd like to know what model of phone you're using to connect? 

Please confirm that you've followed each steps in this article too: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@bgarner Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. I've checked with our support team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, they will be glad to keep assisting you.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm using an LG phone, vs985 4G LTE
Yes, have followed all the steps.  Neither the phone ap or the computer acknowledges the Fit Bit Inspire HR
Candace
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @morgaineotm thanks for getting back to me! 

I really appreciated the time you'e taken in order to followed the suggested steps with your LG phone and your computer. I'll be more than glad to give you a hand with this. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. In this case, I've requested to our support team to create a ticket on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from them.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am amazed how rubbish the advice is when you cannot get it to work.

I now find after trying to get my inspire hr to work for six days that there is an upgrade but would you believe it my inspire will not let me download it because it is too busy looking for my tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only answer that makes sense is to return it to Fitbit.  I bought an Inspire from Fitbit and it would not pair to my mac.  I did all the suggested fixes repeatedly.  Returned and refunded.  I still had hope.  Bought an InspireHR online from Best Buy.  Same old. Same old.  It's on its way back to Best Buy in the mail right now.  I'm over it.  I have to have a tracker that pairs to an imac desktop.  Fotbit is the onlty brand I know that can do that.  But now they don't.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
My fitbit has already been returned and replaced but still does not work.
I spent all day trying to get it going and then while trying there was suddenly a
New message telling me to update tracker. I have carried this out, it took about 40 mins to do
And now it seems to have loaded and is behaving.

The main problem has been it will not follow on the next day and will not resync
So I wait for tomorrow.

Good luck with yours

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Inspire that I have set aside for a while.  I pulled it out because the program said it has an update.  I can't get my computer or my phone to connect it via Bluetooth.  I have reset the inspire to the plain smiley face and restarted my computer and phone.  Neither even see it.  I have a Samsung 10 and I see from the list that my phone isn't on it (that baffles me) but my computer has connected to the Inspire before; why is it not connecting now?  So because I have a new phone I can't use it anymore?  

I bought this to replace my Fitbit One (which the Inspire doesn't even compare) and now I can't even use it.  Very frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My device cannot communicate with Inspire. If I go to your Why cant I setup my device Ig et an error code: Error ID: 1091658825-82208 (-1729621941

How now brown cow?

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem. I bought the inspire HR today. I can't connect it with 5 devices (Lenovo tablet, ulefone armor 2, Motorola z2 play, windows 10 and a samsung I had laying around).

It simply won't pair. I can't get past the fitbit.com/setup screen. I've never had more problems connecting to bluetooth than I had today. Even the 25$ smartwatch worked better.

The setup suggestions are stupid, because it's just a loop of instructions: Do A, then B then C or start over, yeah right. I even read the manual, no luck.

I'll return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue, no one is responding with a valid solution?  What's the deal?

Best Answer
0 Votes