Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire will not pair to any of my device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying all day to set a new Inspire up. Won't finish on Win 10. Won't finish on LG Android. Won't pair through the bluetooth controls, but will find it with bluetooth. Finds the device and provides the code, then it can't connect. Just refuses to work. This is my 3rd fit bit and I've had syncing issues with the other 2 in the past, but I could at least set it up. Several of the "solutions" on this page are just "keep trying". That just points to a bad product. I work for a fortune 100 (top 3) insurance company, Fitbit is offered as a tracker in our wellness programs. Judging by the results of my help searches, I'll be calling HR in the morning to complain and move to a new vendor. I spent hard earned wellness credits on this for nothing!  I recommend anyone with one of these, take it back. I'll be looking for a refund of points. So frustrated right now.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

I've been trying with my computer and with my phone.  Nothing works, the bluetooth recognizes the Inspire but won't connect on any device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to get a dongle and use my laptop instead of my phone. They sent me
one for free after a month of communication.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I quit fitbit bc of this. After being a user back when they were still
skiing for feedback regularly with the blue and black original slip on
clip, it was sad to leave.

But obviously time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of the blue my inspire quit syncing to both my phone and my laptop, I jumped through all the hoops, even removed the device, and not I can't add it back in. it won't get recognized on either my phone or my laptop.  What a joke.  I now see so many people having this issue that it seems to be a manufacturing issue with the internal electronics.  Come on fitbit, get your act together.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I eventually managed to get my Inspire to sync but my biggest problem was battery life. Could not get longer than two and a half days and I had three different ones. Eventually gave up and had a refund. Definitely a design fault somewhere as there seem to be so many with problems.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my new inspire. Even customer service has not been able to help. Did you ever get your to pair?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm the same think I'll be taking my inspire back 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not to any phone. I ended up getting a dongle and using my laptop instead
of my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes,I got it to pair both with my Samsung phone and PC. However it was my battery life which was the issue in the end and I had three Inspires. Longest life was two and a half days so I got a refund.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem with the Inspire HR. It fails to Sync over Bluetooth around 90% of the time. Eventually it will sync every once in a while and update several days worth of data. Sometimes it just fails to sync so many times it sorta just gives up and stops trying. I have this problem on both my Samsung GS8+ phone, Home PC, and Work Laptop suggesting it's a problem with the device itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having same problem with my Alta HR and trying to resolve it for days! This morning I thought I would try and synch it to my old S8 phone - it synched straight away even though it took a few minutes. I then tried to synch it to my new phone again and it said I had already synched it a few moments ago! - and it was synched on my new phone! Weird - but I'm happy!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem and, after having read all the messages in this thread, I reinstalled all apps on my Android and MacBook Pro to try and get this to work, to no avail. 

From the best I can tell, the Inspire's Bluetooth signal is not being read by the computer at all, and on the Android, it is not consistently coming through. For instance, its name will show up on the phone as something like "6C:77:B2:23:D7:F3", and then it will change over time while displaying a "Device name will appear when this device is connected"... and it never does. 

I am hoping Fitbit has an answer for this pretty widespread problem! Looking forward to hearing back from support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Inspire HR. I was working ok, then it would not pair to my computer, sync, or even do the update (having trying that for weeks now). I even restarted it, and cleared my data. Now my time is all screwed up also.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has clearly produced a crap product; I have followed ALL of the steps; My Pixel sees it, tries to pair with it - and nothing. Nothing at all.  TMy Inspire HR is fully charged - but it refuses to pair. I've powered down and up on both the device and the phone - no joy.

I will be sending this back tonight unless someone can tell me WTF - and I will not be buying another GD fitbit (I had trouble with my old fitbit too!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my new Inspire HR.  Never had problems with my Flex or Alta.  After just one day will no longer sync.  Wish I had seen all of these problems before I purchased this item. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Samsung Galaxy 8.  Unpaired and now I can't pair it back up.  Will have to see about returning this Fitbit,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got one of these and I am having the same issues.  Followed all the same steps as everyone.  Devices tried, Google Pixel 3a and Samsung S10.  Stuck in the bluetooth find it, enter in code, can't see bluetooth.  No bluetooth devices are paired on either phone.

What is the fix for this bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here, Inspire HR and Android.  Is this some kind of joke?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did a factory reset on my Google Pixel 3A, The only the only thing on my phone is the basic Android 10 load and the Fitbit app. Problem persists.

Tried using my Dell XPS 8930 desktop computer and the Windows 10 Fitbit app. Tried both the inbuilt Bluetooth on my computer and a USB Bluetooth adapter

The exact same problem persists.

So I've tried a Google Pixel 3A a Samsung S10 and a desktop computer. The only thing is consistent is that the Fitbit inspire HR will not pair. The app always says found it ask me to enter the code that's on the screen enter the code on the screen Bluetooth not available.

this thing has been sitting on the charger for 3 hours and shows 100% battery.

The only thing that I can think of is the design of the Bluetooth transceiver and or the firmware is out of date and not compatible with current model devices from the past year.

actually that wouldn't be entirely correct The Dell XPS 8930 I have is an 8th generation Intel processor while the 10th generation is out now so that would be 2 years back not one.

Why this device won't pair makes no sense to me. I'm perfectly able to pairing multiple Bluetooth devices on these two phones and my computer without any problems.
-------------------

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my fitbit yesterday as an upgrade to my alta. Took forever to get it set up.  Now it won't update or sync to my phone.  Guess I'm back to my alta.  I went through the steps, still nothing.  Very dissapointed.

Samsung Galaxy S8

I have turned Bluetooth off and on several times.  My phone sees the inspire, but won't let me pair "please make sure it's ready to be paired". I have restarted my phone several times. Both Bluetooth and location are on. When I try to sync through the app, the little circle turns for a second, then just stops.  My phone was updated with software about 2 weeks ago so it's up to date.  Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine magically paired with no issue after trying again a few hours later.
I should have bought the Chinese knockoff from Amazon, I can't believe
there are so many problems and no solution from Fitbit.
Best Answer