Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire won't sync properly with my Fitbit app since the update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have to sync my phone and inspire 2 multiple times a day to track my exercise since the app upgrade. No wonder they are experiencing huge volumes of help requests. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi there, @Karlin72. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Inspire. 

If you're having syncing difficulties since the update, please try the steps below:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Or I could just get a different watch because it would be easier.
Best Answer

It boggles my mind that a user needs to go through all this unpair and re-pair of all devices in order to see if that helps. 

Fitbit just may loose my business over this one.

Best Answer

Mine has stopped syncing also, maybe a way of forcing people to upgrade to a newer model 🤔 

Best Answer

My Inspire 2 will not notify me of texts or calls anymore. I've done all the unpairing, reinstalling, turn off and on the phone, redo Bluetooth setup, reboot watch. This is getting frustrating!! 

Best Answer

Have now got it working after updating my Samsung phone, still prefer the previous look of the app

Best Answer

It appears that Google no longer uses the watch for start/stop control of the exercise because it will "connect" but then NOT start the tracking, and so the watch control is now null. It did not record yesterday because I did not start it from the phone. Today, the Fitbit phone app will initiate "tracking" and does track better. Is that how it is to work now?  

Best Answer

That’s exactly what I thought.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this and it didn't work. What are next steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same happened to me. I Will change services before be force to update to a newer model. Bad business practice! 😞 

----

Updates are good to introduce new futures and security updates, but they better tested it before disrupting an entire community! Specially if the update is mineral an unnecessary! 

Best Answer

I've tried of all those steps multiple times and i can't get my Inspire 2 to sync with my iPhone FitBit. So after several days of trying, I've given up on the phone link, even though the BlueTooth window on my iPhone shows the Inspire 2 is connected.

So now I'm relying on the desktop FitBit app to log my data instead of my iPhone. In this case, I can see my Inspire 2 is connected to the desktop app, but I still have to manually get the desktop app to sync with my Inspire 2 in each category of data. 

This is all very frustrating. The app on iPhone worked so well and seamlessly until the last upgrade.

Best Answer

Same happened to me. I wonder if it is going to be fix! What will it takes for a company to do the right thing and fix what they broke? 

Best Answer

I logged out of the Fitbit app, restarted my phone, logged in and all the basic functions work. But I don’t use higher level functions. As usual, when a company buys another company I don’t think they really think about the people left in the lurch. We’ll just purchase new models.

Best Answer

Not only does mine not sync but the app removed some features like the map location. 

----

I haven’t been able to start an exercise with the app on my phone as previous to the “update”. I was finally getting into a good groove of tracking both with the auto recognize and using the app. I will miss the convenience of using my Fitbit because I’m not buying a newer model. Like with most electronics nowadays it seems like they change something to force consumers to spend more money when a device should last several year and not 9 months. So sad. Poor business practice all to make money instead of truly helping people who want to better themselves. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've stopped using to sync my Inspire 2 with my iPhone. Instead, I was hoping that there would be a way to sync my Inspire 2 to my lap top because both the iPhone and laptop have BlueTooth connectivity. It seems though that the phone has to be a go-between? So instead, though It's clumsy, I take some of that data from the Fitbits screens and manually enter it into the Fitbit dashboard on my laptop. Since that functionality also has some diet and nutrition tracking, that gives me an extra reason to go that direction.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What does "unpair" mean?  Turn it off? Uninstall it?  I don't know what you mean.  

Best Answer

Just curious Marre, does it not seem odd to Fitbit that the customer has to go through all that nonsense instead of them fixing the issues with app?  Not only does the new app not sync properly (every day), today it actually deleted the data from yesterday that was already there.  I used to like Fitbit, but I am forced to switch, as obviously Fitbit has no plans to fix how much of a hassle it is to use their product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank goodness it’s not just me. 

Thought it was my device but it only started happening with the app update.

All steps are recorded. 
All time in zone minutes is present on the graphs but not acknowledged in the zone minute breakdown (eg. 20 min walk) or as an exercise period. 

Might need to consider a different brand. It’s frustrating because my inspire worked fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of Thurs Oct 18th my month old inspire 3 stopped syincing. When trying to pair I get a message that says "you need an app for that" I HAVE THE APP this is the 2nd time in less than a month. I unpaired repaired, cleared data , Uninstalled reinstalled app... Its YOUR END fitbit. I'm canceling premium.  What's the point if it doesn't work

Best Answer