Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire won’t turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire hr has been working just fine for like a month now all of the sudden it won’t turn on. I’ve had it plugged in charging all day. The charging port/ charger is clean. It will just vibrate and sometime show the smiley face but that’s it. I also tried the 5 second holding tip, doesn’t phase it. It still won’t work. Also my phone can’t seem to find it now. 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hi @-Sophia It sounds like you have done everything you can. I have flagged your post for a moderators assistance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting your inquiry here and Welcome to the Fitbit Community @-Sophia. Thank you for pointing this out @NellyG

I've created a case on your behalf with our Support Team. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

If you have any further questions, please let me know! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

How did you fix? Mine is doing it too. Exactly the same way. 

Best Answer

Anyone had any feedback mine has just stopped working too. Had it less than a month so not very impressed.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Fitbit Forums @JenBe and @LauraF82 let me give you a warm Welcome to our Fitbit Community.

If you haven't already done so, try to restart your Inspire HR: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the tracker until it attaches magnetically. The pins on the charging cable must connect securely with the port.
  3. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 5 seconds. 
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

I hope that helps. Have a nice weekend ! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

I was having the same issue on my Inspire and a similar issue on my husband's Inspire. I finally got mine to work. I logged into my Fitbit phone app and changed my clock face. It took about 3-5 minutes to update, but it began working again. Before, the screen would only display the time. I couldn't swipe to other menus. It wouldn't even tell me the battery charging percentage. It would only vibrate. 

My husband's was completely black on the screen. No time, no nothing. Only a vibration when we connected it to the charger. It had been that way for a week. I went into his Fitbit app and deleted his device. Then I re-added it. It began working after updating for about 5 mins.

So apparently, it's a minor software issue. After so many days of pairing and updating all day, it simply "takes a rest". It's annoying, but at least I can quickly fix it now. Hopefully, one of the next few software updates will address and fix the issue. 

Best Answer
Thank you. That's good to know if it happens again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won’t work on anything I think it is broke so if you have anymore solutions for me.. email 

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My fitbit is doing the exact same thing. I don't know what to do as I have tried all the recommended troubleshooting options.

Best Answer

I just had same issue. Followed your suggestio . Picked new clock and it worked. Just out of curiosity  I went back to old clock and it showed wrong month and year. 

Best Answer

I just got my new Inspire HR. It won’t turn on.  I am having trouble getting it to stay connected to the charger.  It would not even load without IOS 13. Please help 

Best Answer

Thank you! I was having the same issue. Would vibrate but would stay black. Changed the clock face in the app and it turned on immediately 

Best Answer

I did this to my wife's fitbit and it is working now. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit bit will not turn on, all I get is the logo and the fit bit setup web site.  It is fully charged.  P.ease help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was it working before and now its not or is this the first time using it? If it was working before did you try changing the clock face in the app like mentioned above? Its worked a few times for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a new fit bit, Christmas gift.  I have just not been able to get anything on the s seen besides the logo, and charging info.  No clock or step count or any other info.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you been able to sync it to the app? I don't remember what I had to do when I got mine. I know I use YouTube a lot when I have issues 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is a new Inspire (Christmas gift).  I have just never been able to turn it on.  Tried the suggestions above, but doesn't help.
Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, haven't been able to sync to app.  Doesn't the device itself have to be on to sync?  Usually I Don't have problems u til I get my device turned on.😊

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes