Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire won’t turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire hr has been working just fine for like a month now all of the sudden it won’t turn on. I’ve had it plugged in charging all day. The charging port/ charger is clean. It will just vibrate and sometime show the smiley face but that’s it. I also tried the 5 second holding tip, doesn’t phase it. It still won’t work. Also my phone can’t seem to find it now. 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Yes, just a month old, thought it broke already.  Changed the time face and then changed it back and it's working now.

Best Answer

I had the same problem and also tried to do the 5 second restart.  That didn't work.  So, I just got off the phone with Fitbit and they recommended cleaning the charging prongs and the watch (charging area) with rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab.  Then I plugged it back in and tried an 8-10 second restart (hold button in for 8-10 seconds).  This time it worked and I saw the smiley face.  Hope that helps!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hopefully it works Tks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Holy cow that just worked for mine. Thank you so much for this tip. I was about to throw mine away thinking it was faulty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of the recommended solutions. My Fitbit HR won't turn on. Last week it still had the smiley face showing up and I would attempt to restart. It no longer has the smiley face or anything it's totally dead despite being in the charger.  This is very disappointing. I've only had it since December (4 months). What's next for us customers who have spent a pretty penny for a product that doesn't last even 4 months? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have had my Fitbit Inspire for about two months and it would work fine everyday. But when I charged it last night and tried to turn it on this morning it wouldn’t come on. Can someone help me with this issue? I have held down the power button still with no luck. 

Best Answer
I know this sounds weird but mine dose this and the way I always fix it is to go into your app and remove the inspire from your account then re add it. Works every time for me. Good luck 🍀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this has also happened to my daughters Fitbit inspire. It was fine until 3 days ago, it will just not turn on. I have tried the reset suggestion in the earlier comments but it won’t work. Could you please advise ? Thanks for your assistance. 
Christine . 

Best Answer
Go into your app that your inspire is connected to and un install it. Then re install the inspire to your device. It might take a few tries but it should work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my inspire hr. I have charged it and it will not turn on. Before it worked fine but the last few days before it wont charge the display went black and nothing would show up. Now it wont even light up or charge. 

Best Answer

Thank you for your post. I was ready to throw it away, but I decided to look in the Community Discussion.  As you stated, I changed my clock face and voila, it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I have emailed Fitbit support team and am still waiting on a reply..

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! My Fitbit inspire is doing similar things. It died on me about 3 days ago and I left it on charge. I grabbed it and put it on my wrist like normal but it didn't vibrate or light up. I figured I didn't have it plugged in correctly and put it back on the charger. The second day I log onto my app (Fitbit was still charging in another room) and the app and Fitbit had synced that morning saying it was at 100% charge. When I went to get it, again the screen was completely black. No vibrations no nothing. Please help!

Best Answer
Go into your app and remove your inspire from your app. Don’t delete the app just remove the Fitbit and then re add it about an hour later. It might take a few tries but it will work eventually. 🥰

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would but now my app is saying it isn't connected to a device at all.. I'm not sure what to do now

Best Answer
0 Votes
I looked in the Community Discussion and someone posted to change your clock face and it worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let me know what the support team says   I am anxious to begin using my fitbit Inspire!   It won't turn on!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same exact issue except mine won’t even vibrate or show the smiley face. It’s not a low battery issue. It’s been charging and I did exactly what some of the Fitbit consultants said to do. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try changing the watch face on your app or removing the inspire from your app and re adding it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can’t change the clock face because the Fitbit won’t turn on. And I reinstalled the app, nothing happened because it can’t connect to the Fitbit since it won’t turn on.
Best Answer
0 Votes