Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire won’t turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire hr has been working just fine for like a month now all of the sudden it won’t turn on. I’ve had it plugged in charging all day. The charging port/ charger is clean. It will just vibrate and sometime show the smiley face but that’s it. I also tried the 5 second holding tip, doesn’t phase it. It still won’t work. Also my phone can’t seem to find it now. 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

My watch was working perfectly fine then I went swimming and it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in after it dryed and let it charge for 12 hours and there was no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was extremely helpful info. I was able to use it to turn my Fitbit Inspire back on too. Thanks a million!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will they help us

Best Answer

Did you figure out how to turn it on. I received mine today and I'm trying to set it up bit cant get past the fitbit logo

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes thanks.. I deleted it off my app and set it up again and it worked
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there something you recommend If you’ve already done this and it still won’t turn on? Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. All my information was still showing in my phone but the Fitbit still did not turn on. I tried to call customer support and after waiting a long time my phone call drops so I emailed them and they told me to get into the help section and get a form to fill out and I guess I send it back then and see what they do. I'm really disappointed to have trouble with this for me it was a item I waited a long time to be able to own. Hoping that they can help me fix it or give me a replacement.. once I get some sort of resolution I will update in this forum. Hope you can come to a resolution as well.
Best Answer

Received a brand new Inspire. It will not work at all. Completely dead, I have tried all troubleshooting as per this forum and online. Charger isnt broken as my husband has one too and it works fine in his. This was a present and I'm so disappointed. Help!!!

Best Answer
I just bought an Apple Watch. Nothing people are recommending helps. The Fitbit itself is just dead and has no sign of anything even slightly working. I think the Inspire HR is just a really bad model. Super disappointed. On another note, the Apple Watch has been great so far!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is me, Bcnelson, responding to my last share.  I finally got ahold of someone on Chat...and they helped me.  They said to put the charger into the USB port in my computer, attach the Inspire to the charging cable, and then when it vibrated, to press the side tab on the unit and Voila!  It was No Longer Black...and it tells time again!  I was very grateful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem I have had my Fitbit since December but has been working fine all along now it won’t turn on, tried to reset it holding the side button for 5 secs no vibration nothing. I lit doesn’t even vibrate when I plug it in to charge it. It’s completely dead

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire hr has been working just fine for like a month now all of the sudden it won’t turn on. I’ve had it plugged in charging all day. The charging port/ charger is clean. It will just vibrate and sometime show the smiley face but that’s it. I also tried the 5 second holding tip, doesn’t phase it. It still won’t work. Also my phone can’t seem to find it now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I am experiencing exactly the same issue. The reset method is not working and my fitbit has had a black screen for 6 days now. What should I do next? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! Changed my clock face and it began working immediately!

Best Answer

I tried everything bit clearly mine was a faulty model. FitBit offered a replacement free of charge. Currently waiting for it to arrive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and none of the suggested fixes work. I did notice my battery drain very quickly once before the screen went black and it basically shut off completely. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly where I am now ☹️  Did you get any replies? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is so old....I can't remember exactly.  I thought I went to my computer/app and changed the look of the clock and it came back on.(In settings I believe) then change the clock back or not.   Yes, that's what I did, it has happened a few times.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did he lose any data?  Mine is currrently like his. 😣

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed the clock face and everything started working. After it started working I changed the face back to what I had and it’s continued to work ever since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes