Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire won’t turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire hr has been working just fine for like a month now all of the sudden it won’t turn on. I’ve had it plugged in charging all day. The charging port/ charger is clean. It will just vibrate and sometime show the smiley face but that’s it. I also tried the 5 second holding tip, doesn’t phase it. It still won’t work. Also my phone can’t seem to find it now. 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

not able to get mine started either. its just dead. any information other than plugging it in, holding it for 5-10 seconds? nothing happening?  I have used different plugs, been plugged in for hours...nothing.  Ann

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try changing it the clock face. That’s what I did and it worked! After I changed the face and it started working I put it back to the face I like and it continues to work. Hope this works for you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my stated either.  It worked fine yesterday and died overnight.  I plugged it in this morning and still nothing.  I have tried the reset, holding for 5 seconds, nothing.  I have tried this several times, still nothing.  I had it plugged in originally then switched it to my computer, still nothing.  I removed it from the app and now it can't locate it.  I got this one in April 2020.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Rhonda

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit inspire for over 2 months now and it does not turn on any more. I’ve restarted my Fitbit while plugged in numerous times. But when not plugged it it does not turn on, and the app show that the battery life is at 1% and will not charge even when plugged in. 
Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is having the same issue. I’ve plugged it in with two different charges, tried resetting it, cleaned it, plugged it in and tried a rest - nothing! Did you ever get a fix? 

Best Answer
Nope bought a new one unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello Grace. I also have the same exact issue with mine. It just happened this morning. Can you create a case on my behalf as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m sorry but I can’t help you with that I got a new Fitbit so I can’t helo you I’m so very sorry

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I was able to fix it by changing the clock face.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It would great if I could have done that. My Fitbit wouldn’t come on, so making changes wasn’t an option.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope. 7 months old and just stopped.  Had 2 smiley faces and the disappeared. Now absolutely nothing. Extremely disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A similar thing happened to me. I’m guessing you’ve already done this, but I would try holding the button for 5 seconds 5-10 times in a row. Nothing was happening, but then it started working. The clock is still almost 3 hours off, but everything else seems to work. Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. I tried to restart it, but still nothing appears. What else can I do to reset it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same. Not doing anything. Yesterday I tried to sync and it wouldn’t connect. Was able to do the plugging in and resetting. Today, nothing. It’s been charging. It’s been deleted from my account. I can’t even get it to turn on at all. So frustrating. I hadn’t replace my last Fitbit a few years ago because this seemed to be a common issue I kept having. But work provided us with one for a fitness initiative. And I got my daughter one so we could do this together. But now, the issue seems to continue. I don’t have these issues with my Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It just happened to me. CS told me to change the clock face thru the app. It worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’m also having the same problem, my Fitbit won’t turn on, I’ve charged it and tried holding the button for 5 seconds but still won’t work.

Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer
  • This is the same as mine. The first time it happen - rebooted and it worked. Now it’s done. Open to ideas! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that information -- my inspire was acting like your husbands -- Did the same thing and it began working again -- So glad I checked here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, my Inspire HR was working fine till this morning when I sync my sleep;

Then the screen blanked out & the tracker stopped functioning;

No green light behind the tracker, no bluetooth / sync with iPhone App, no charging works, no reset works, no nothing suggested on the web helps to revive it; even Fitbit Help Support did not allow me to post my issue to them!

Please can someone help advise; really appreciate.

Thank you! God bless!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire 2 has just decided it wanted to turn off at 70% battery does not seem to want to turn back on. I have read through this thread related to similar issues. Are there any other remedies?

Best Answer
0 Votes