Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More accurate step counter?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my second Inspire HR in about a week. The first one was very innacurate in the step count and when I went back to the Best Buy I got it from they said sometimes it happens and exchanged it for a new one. This one too grossly over counts my steps. I’m talking by thousands of steps. I called coustemer service and was on with them for almost an hour jumping through hoops. After all that trouble they just tell me “It counts steps by arm mivments and sometimes it counts extra”. I try to explain simplely doing dishes it adding more than 100 steps but the rep didn’t have any other suggestions for me. I really like this fitbit but I didn’t pay 100 dollars for a tiny watch.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a comparable fitness watch with a more accurate step counter? I only have a few more days before I return it and want to know what to get instead.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Anything worn on your wrist counts steps by arm movements, unless it has a camera built in to watch what your hips and legs are doing.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every wrist worn tracker will count 2-3x more steps than actually taken? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have talked to the reps myself about over counting. Apparently it is a known issue that inspire and inspire hr overcount steps more than the other models. I was told they are working on a software update. I am returning mine until they have the update, because they said they don't have a time line for when it will be fixed. 

Best Answer

I have huawei honor band 4 and it's the same type, worn like fitbit so I assume the same way of recording movement?  Have both on today and so far didn't do much - fitbit shows right now 2460 Huawei 585!!! I actually think the second is more accurate in terms of not counting when I make coffee, shower or hang washing. Fitbit explanation is ridiculous and they should not call in step count because its misleading but arm movement.

Best Answer
0 Votes