Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inspire HR stopped after wading in the pool

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Inspire 2 years and have not used it in the water.  I wore it while wading in the pool during our vacation and it has stopped working.  I have tried the different things I found in this forum but nothing is working.  What's the next step?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @jamoore525. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire HR. 

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your Inspire HR is still not responding after taking the above into consideration, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @jamoore525. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire HR. 

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

Water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your Inspire HR is still not responding after taking the above into consideration, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it dies while swimming it shouldnt be sold

as water resistant !! I have had 2 Fitbit Inspire which have done this!! Whats the point of them if you have to go without wearing them because they need to dry out!! 
By that very action they are then not water resistant!!  I have had my fill of Fitbit 😡😡

Best Answer

It is not working. What is the point of being a water resistant, when you have to dry it? Many users are experiencing this issue of the Fitbit tracker to stop working after using it in a pool. 

It is a false advertisement that you are selling it as a water resistant device.

Mine was working fine for 2 years and only to stop working just having it used it in a swimming pool for only 4 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes