Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fitbit Inspire HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I recently brought a Fitbit Inspire HR as my Flex 2 was showing it's age a bit, and also because I was given a rather nice load of Amazon Voucher for my birthday.

So, the package arrived yesterday. I put it on to charge and to set it up. Well, I've been able to charge it up with no problem (although the charging cable is somewhat on the short side methinks....), but set it up???? Nope, nada, not a thing. 24 hours later and it still isn't set up. I've tried on my phone and also my Kindle. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J4+ which is running Android 9.0. Sometime it says that my phone Bluetooth isn't on (it is, permanently), other times it says that my tracker isn't switched on - well, it was when it started trying to locate it on the Bluetooth, but it takes so long that it switches off. It also says that it needs to be on the charging cable the whole time, even though it is now showing as fully charged.

When it's been trying to pair, I've been keeping an eye on my phone bluetooth settings and it ends up saying that the tracker isn't in pairing mode. I assume that it is as I've followed the instructions to the letter.

I decided to try paring it to my Kindle as my phone isn't on the (what seems to be a very small) list of compatible phones, even though it is running the most recent Android version. So, I go on to my Fitbit app on my Kindle, tell it I want to add a new device, it takes me to the screen for me to choose which device so I choose 'Inspire HR'....and it immediately takes me back to the first screen.

What's going on?? Why can't I set this device up??? As I said, I followed the instructions to the letter, so I hope you can advise me what to do other than asking if I've tried various options - as I've tried them all!!!

Please tell me that I haven't wasted the Amazon birthday vouchers I was sent???

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Oh that's a such a shame! Once they got the ball rolling with my replies they sent me the new tracker part only and it worked straight away! I do hope they reply to you soon and resolve it. All they need to do is send you a new tracker because the one you have is obviously faulty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did not have a good experience with the set up either. You have to charge it first, then take it off the charger, then install the app and follow all the instructions through your app only. That's what worked for us. I hope this is helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working so it's being sent back this week

Best Answer
0 Votes

The desktop app for Mac doesn't have Inspire HR setup as an option.
I can't install Inspire HR.

It's money thrown in the bin

Best Answer
0 Votes

But you can install it on your phone, right? And you can still track it all online with your desktop. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope - it's not pairing with my phone, laptop or kindle :(Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How frustrating! I almost sent mine back at first. You didn't do it through the Bluetooth did you? It will never "pair." What I ended up doing was charging it full then removing it from the charger. Then install the app and only follow the app instructions. Don't try to manually pair them. It should never say "Pairing." It should just sync when it gets to that part of the app. 

It really shouldn't be as difficult as it is to set up and sync. I don't blame you for wanting to return it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BB01234  I had the same problem as @lizziep100 . I would follow the app instructions and it would get as far as saying 'fitbit located' but then it wouldn't pair or sync or attach or however you say it. Thankfully the fitbit helpdesk were really helpful and after realising my tracker was faulty they sent me a new one. It's all working now which is great! It's a shame they haven't been as helpful to @lizziep100 .

Best Answer
0 Votes

It says either 'your tracker needs to be turned on' (it is), or 'your bluetooth on your phone is switched off' (it never is). The latest question, over the last weekend was 'what make and model is your laptop?'. That's irrelevant. The only thing it says about laptops is that they have to be running Windiws 10, which it is

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like this model has a lot of glitches. I hope you get your money back soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone is not a smart phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracker nowcreturned to Amazon and full refund received.....time to investigate Garmin methinks

Best Answer
0 Votes